Hen or Roo?

Hi, sorry for the late response:
I do have some close-ups but in those photos it is very hard to tell. The rash consists of only the pink-red pigment in the skin; there is no "rash" part I guess you could say...it is just color. They both have had this for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. In general they both are in good health (free-range, eating, drinking, active).

I have read some articles about SLW roos getting this same "rash", it explains that it is some sort of result of high testostorone levels and a bunch of hormonal activity. It was helpful.. except for the fact that I have pullets.. not roos.

I would just keep an eye on it, and if they start to change/develop new symptoms, and take it from there. If they seem otherwise healthy, they should be fine for now. Could even be some whacky pigmentation because of hatchery genes!
Enjoy your chickens, and good luck :)

I would just keep an eye on it, and if they start to change/develop new symptoms, and take it from there. If they seem otherwise healthy, they should be fine for now. Could even be some whacky pigmentation because of hatchery genes!
Enjoy your chickens, and good luck :)
Thanks! I love my lil chickies and I bet they'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom