Hen or rooster, I can. Never tell with ameracaunas and EE

My Ee didn’t make it, she lost the ability to walk, I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with her. I tried so hard to fix her. We have had a rough summer with injuries, birds unable to thrive, and coccidiosis….ugh! So I had to cull her. I only lost two chicks this year out of the whole crap ton I have! I was so sad though, it’s always the chicks I want that don’t make it :(
Oh, I'm so sorry. :hugs
I’m attaching my current roosters…. Here’s what the black ameraucana looks like. He’s going to be huge like his dad, that line produces roosters way to big for hens it’s crazy!
He's pretty!
How old is he?
The next rooster is my ayam he’s a asshole.. I keep him separated mainly and social here and there…
Uh oh...
Next is my lavender ameraucana….I think he looks more like a rooster but it’s so hard to tell! What do you think? He’s 12 weeks old now.. I want to keep him!
Actually, pretty sure that's a pullet!
Fourth is the mix of leghorn and ameraucana…I love him too!
Yup, for sure a boy!
I don’t know who to keep!
Choose them by their behavior towards the girls, and you.

I’ll be sad if the lavender ameraucana isn’t a boy, I wanted to keep the hatching going with that breed. But at the same time I’ll be happy because I love that leghorn mix! They are all 12 weeks except the legorn mix he’s 4 weeks old :)

I’ll be sad if the lavender ameraucana isn’t a boy, I wanted to keep the hatching going with that breed.
It is a pullet...if you want a pullet it seems you get a cockerel, and if you want a cockerel it always seems to end up being a pullet. 😂
But at the same time I’ll be happy because I love that leghorn mix!
He's a pretty boy!
They are all 12 weeks except the legorn mix he’s 4 weeks old :)
Okay, then the only pullet is the Ameracauna.

Update….are we still thinking hen or is it looking more like rooster?

Attachments

• 48B76B8D-B677-4D0A-A33B-98A17035F325.jpeg
    48B76B8D-B677-4D0A-A33B-98A17035F325.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 7
  • E553E8F0-C396-41D3-B305-E129B0107EDC.jpeg
    E553E8F0-C396-41D3-B305-E129B0107EDC.jpeg
    586.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 54E155DA-2030-43C0-BDBE-6251C9DD0FBA.jpeg
    54E155DA-2030-43C0-BDBE-6251C9DD0FBA.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 7
Definitely looks like a pullet! Looks a lot like mine, around the same age!
Beautiful!! Does your lavender ameraucana sound like a turkey? They sound so funny! When I throw food in there and they play “chicken football” they screech like turkeys lol!

Beautiful!! Does your lavender ameraucana sound like a turkey? They sound so funny! When I throw food in there and they play “chicken football” they screech like turkeys lol!
Haha she’s actually one of my quieter girls, but maybe she just hasn’t found her voice yet. But my lavender Orpington is constantly screeching like that 😂. I got her from Dunlap hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom