Hen severely injured

Do you think an unknown predator killed her or an chicken beating her?
I think I might know. That white looked to be its brain not meat. I realised hydrogen peroxide removes damages mesothelial and neural tissue if put on the brain. I should of warned you about that but I didn’t realise that could have been the brain:he. So I’m sorry. Either way I don’t think it would of changed anything.

Sorry that you lost her. Spend some time with your flock the next few days observing them for any bullying or being picked on. How many chickens do you have in how much of an area? Do they go outside each day to roam around? Having multiple feeders and waterers, enough room, and enough protein in a balanced chicken feed can help.

I think I might know. That white looked to be its brain not meat. I realised hydrogen peroxide removes damages mesothelial and neural tissue if put on the brain. I should of warned you about that but I didn’t realise that could have been the brain:he. So I’m sorry. Either way I don’t think it would of changed anything.
I don’t think so it looked more like bone than brain. Although saline would’ve been my choice and safer. With eyes swollen like that it’s possible she had brain swelling or other complications from the injuries.

Sorry that you lost her. Spend some time with your flock the next few days observing them for any bullying or being picked on. How many chickens do you have in how much of an area? Do they go outside each day to roam around? Having multiple feeders and waterers, enough room, and enough protein in a balanced chicken feed can help.
I’ve found one hen top of the order with blood on her feathers no wound. I’m quit suspicious about her. But I’m not quite sure or have enough evidence.

Back
Top Bottom