Hen very very aggressive towards other hen

guest226

Chirping
Nov 18, 2023
My 2 year old easter egger is being extremely aggressive to my other hen all of the sudden. She wasn’t like this before. It’s just my easter eggger who’s bullying her. The hen being bullied is even a little bigger than her. She gets bullied every time she comes near her. So she stays on a big roost in the run.

She flies on top of her and plucks out her head feathers. I feel so bad. However, the bully is recovering from an egg bound incident and I don’t want to stress her body even more. What should I do?

I recently put in a new waterer that they are afraid of. Could this by why she is extra aggressive?

I recently put in a new waterer that they are afraid of. Could this by why she is extra aggressive?
I doubt it but you never know.

Can you post pictures of their setup? You likely need more hiding/perching places and more things for them to do in the run. Maybe more space.

I doubt it but you never know.

Can you post pictures of their setup? You likely need more hiding/perching places and more things for them to do in the run. Maybe more space.
Sure. The camera cut off the end but they do have roosts and hiding spots.

Attachments

• IMG_5703.jpeg
    IMG_5703.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 7
Size of bird has little to do with their ranking.

Have you tried removing the new waterer and seeing if that changes their behavior in any way?

Sure. The camera cut off the end but they do have roosts and hiding spots.
Try rearranging your hiding spots, you have everything pushed up against walls whereas having some items in the center will help break line of sight and hopefully reduce the amount of chasing.

Back
Top Bottom