Hens for sale!!

BrukeyBrooke

Songster
Apr 10, 2020
Washington
Hi y’all, I’m looking to rehome my chickens in Phoenix, AZ. I have six hens, approximately 5 months old, three of which are laying eggs almost daily. There is one each of: New Hampshire Red, Barred Rock, Leghorn, Red Malay, Black Aseel, and Tan Bantam Silkie. They are quite calm and good with people, other birds, dogs, and children. They are currently part of a mixed flock, and we have decided to stick to waterfowl. Please message if interested.
6808086A-1558-49CD-9B73-7AE47AADBC9A.jpeg
C18BEDE7-C2B1-45E9-A5B2-CDCB33F987DF.jpeg
F6DC5163-513C-4757-90F5-C19501BE8C30.jpeg

Thank you! I have fallen in love with my ducks and cannot part with my drake. We’re getting rid of the roosters, so we need to rehome the hens since they won’t have a rooster to protect them from my drake.

OM Goodness! Your chicken are so cute! I would gladly take them if you were any closer! And by the way, I am SOOO jealous of your coop! Are those geese in the back ground! Cut eI have never owned geese, only ducks, but I bet its cute to watch them swim! I thought ducks were cute, but geese will flap and beat there wings and stuff! Adorbs!

I have considered that, but I don’t want to limit them to less space. In the summer here it gets HOT, and they spend a good part of the day huddled in the shadiest area under the fan. I would feel awful to cut that in half.

He hasn’t tried anything yet... but we’re getting rid of our roosters. So, if/when he gets the idea to mate with them, he could harm them or even kill them. Drakes have a significantly long penis, which chickens aren’t designed to accommodate.

Oh. I wouldn't worry about it. keep an eye on them, but I wouldn't worry about him mating them, they are smart and know that they are chickens. My hens live with my drake with no problem. We have a rooster, but he's a scary cat, and doesn't really protect them. If you do see mating behavior, then you can regime them, but otherwise, I bet they will be fine! Enjoy your chickens! Avery

Back
Top Bottom