Hens lay fertile eggs without Rooster?

Red sexlinks are the result of a silver-base colored hen and a red rooster. Buff Orpingtons are not a silver based color, but they can carry dominant white and produce mostly white chicks.
So you saying if he had a Bo rooster..even short term. His Bo hen could have produced a white rooster?
Wouldn't that be a white sport? What are the odds of a white sport?

I have 9 girls and no rooster for 6 years and I cracked open a fertile egg this morning. I believe it came from a cuckoo maran. Blood spot, slight veining and Blastoderm. Side view is taken thru blue tinted plastic and spot looks fuzzy because of blood cloud in front of it.

Im sure this has happened before because someone I sold eggs to in the past was grossed out by a bloodspot, complained and quit buying them from me. At the time I figured she had mixed my hens eggs with someone else's but this morning Im seeing it with my own eyes.

I have 9 girls and no rooster for 6 years and I cracked open a fertile egg this morning. I believe it came from a cuckoo maran. Blood spot, slight veining and Blastoderm. Side view is taken thru blue tinted plastic and spot looks fuzzy because of blood cloud in front of it.

Im sure this has happened before because someone I sold eggs to in the past was grossed out by a bloodspot, complained and quit buying them from me. At the time I figured she had mixed my hens eggs with someone else's but this morning Im seeing it with my own eyes.
If this egg were developing, the blastoderm would not be white, but red and veined. What you are see is blood/meat spots, not development.

I googled "blood meat spot unfertile egg" and discovered that it can be caused by a blood vessel rupturing in chx reproductive tract while egg is forming--so not a fertile egg. Thanks, I learned something new today.

Just got home from vacation yesterday. our loan Guinea hen came from the woods with 6 peeps a couple days old. WE DON"T HAVE A ROOSTER!!!!! Had 3 hens about 3 months ago. Two got killed. DO we call her Guinea Mary and start a chicken movement? I don't even know the closest person with chickens let alone Guineas. anyone heard of this???Greg

Hi. I have the same thing. One of my chickens just layed an embroyo but noe shell? This is weird cause i have noe males in the pen.?? Ill take same photos.

Back
Top Bottom