Hens? Roos? Please help!

meepjb

Hatching
May 8, 2024
Posting on behalf of my roommate- he was told these were pullets when he purchased them last year but we’re starting to wonder if some are actually roosters? We’re pretty sure the dark red one is, but can anyone help with the others? There’s 6 chickens total that produce about 3-5 eggs each day (only got clear photos of 3). I have my own separate flock from his but the breeds don’t look similar enough/neither of us has the eye to compare well.
IMG_2096.jpeg
IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2088.jpeg

The only one that may be male is the first one. I can't see any male specific feathers, but the photo is fuzzy. Can you get a clearer photo? The other two are hens. If they're all old enough to lay, then any roosters should be crowing by now.

The only one that may be male is the first one. I can't see any male specific feathers, but the photo is fuzzy. Can you get a clearer photo? The other two are hens. If they're all old enough to lay, then any roosters should be crowing by now.
Thank you! That’s what I was thinking too. Unfortunately that’s the best photo I have right now. I can try to get a better one later.

Back
Top Bottom