HEP-" chick attacked by dog

chickhatch

Chirping
Jul 22, 2022
help please. this chick about 6 weeks old has been seemingly attacked by a dog. food it laying on the ground.

it has one bite wound on the rubber leg and back, I have sprayed some disinfectant on the wounds I can see, the chick was in the rain and I am drying it off now, I there anything I can do or should do to help this chick heal. I have iodine.

ive
No bath,it will cause stress, if you want to add stuff to the water, that's fine but just let it rest and get through the shock.
ive left it, I have left it next to a heat pack incase it needs warmth and hsave gave it a bit of b complex in some water

help please. this chick about 6 weeks old has been seemingly attacked by a dog. food it laying on the ground.

it has one bite wound on the rubber leg and back, I have sprayed some disinfectant on the wounds I can see, the chick was in the rain and I am drying it off now, I there anything I can do or should do to help this chick heal. I have iodine.

should I give it a list bath with epsom salt
b-comnplex in water
egt yolk
etc

ive

ive left it, I have left it next to a heat pack incase it needs warmth and hsave gave it a bit of b complex in some water
Please post photos of the chick and wounds.

You left the chick where?
If she was lying in the rain, she needs to be dried completely to help prevent shock. A hair dryer set on low will help with the drying process.

Do not bath her.

Can you post a photo of the disinfectant that you used on the wounds? Cleaning the wound is very good. Once cleaned really well, apply something like Triple Antibiotic ointment on the wounds to help keep them moist.

Sugar water can be given to help level her out and get her through shock. Mix 1tsp sugar to 1cup warm water. Hold a shallow cup to her beak and see if she will drink for you.

Back
Top Bottom