HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

One of my mystery chickens hatched over night and the other two have pips! I wasn't expecting anything until Sunday! Here it is so...................What do I have with this 4 toed cutie???

(Sorry so blurry I was in a hurry.)

So itty bitty my Silkies are quadruple this size.

just noticed my polish chicks foot , it seems to get about ok , doesnt seem to bother about it , and eating and drinking ok . does anyone think this is a problem and is her / his toes broken ??

you know what im staying on here and only talking to you guys and gals because nobody in my family ie kids // teenagers want to talk chicken talk with me and ive just won this on ebay for £26 pound and im so excited its a hatchery so you can split sick or broodys etc i know you lot will understand , all my kids can say is ooooohh nnnnnnoooo that means more chicks , eggs etc etc :lau :clap rant over !!

That's just not fair!!!! 26 quid????!!!! No way!!!!! Awesome, awesome find Kay!! I've taken a pic and am so going to build one - or rather get someone to build one for me :p

just noticed my polish chicks foot , it seems to get about ok , doesnt seem to bother about it , and eating and drinking ok . does anyone think this is a problem and is her / his toes broken ??

I don't have personal experience with this but I read about it recently when I was searching for info on my spraddle leg baby...I think it is curled toes, and I found a pic of a sort of brace you can make out of pipe cleaners and medical tape. I do think you have to brace it before the chick gets too much older or it will never correct...I'll see if I can find the link again...

Hey Brook! My thermometers arrived - yay!! Are your Celsius or F? Mine only have the Celsius measurements
hmm.png
Mine are Celcius. I love them.

There you go again "last hatch", LOL There is a hatchalong for World Egg Day that would be right before your hatch date. You may want to check it out Brooks. I have those three mystery eggs going to hatch this Sunday probably and I will be posting pic so you all can tell me what the heck they are. My hubs keeps teasing me that they will be SG's
sickbyc.gif
... I'm just not into them, haha

Have a good day tomorrow.
I have popped in and out of that thread. Would have been neat to join but I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anymore eggs. My last hatch was in the bator...LOL... yeah right. Good luck this weekend. Definitely post pics of them.

Well I am on day 22 and my second chick is out. I had more than 2 look good at lockdown so I am hoping that I might have more by tonight. This was my first time hatching in an LG incubator and I used shipped eggs, so I am not looking at this as a bad hatch... just real expensive chickens!! Funny joke on me, my next batch of eggs arrived early so they are patiently waiting to be put in the incubator.

AT least you got 2 out of the batch to keep each other company. My last hatch of shipped eggs resulted in only 1/15. Now that is an expensive chick!! I actually had to go find chicks to keep it company. I only wanted 1 more and ended up buying 3. Chicken math at its finest.

Back
Top Bottom