Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Erin's Eggs
146,140,135 &161
aircells are lose but staying in the upper 1/3 of the egg
I've got them setting straight up for tonight and figured after 24 hours I'll tilt them like Iain's
anything else I need to know or do?

resting after pick up

all 4 look like this when candled standing on end

Last edited:
Congrats Marty!! So happy you have goose hatchlings! I hope you enjoy them as much as me.

What babies ended up making it with your recent hatch?

Goosed, I am really pleased your first hatching experience went so textbook! Hope all your new hatches go as well!

Thank you! I would have been a total wreck without your help! I have another one on day 24 today, so get ready for it again! Then another 2 days after that one, and then 7 chickens!

Goosed, my recent hatch or marty's?

No worries!! My 3 buff dewlaps are on day 24, so I will be right here, probably stressing more than you!

Iain, I'm sorry you lost more duckies.
hugs.gif

This morning the little Toulouse, who has been slow, died.

However, everyone else is out and about. I need to give them a towel, since they wiggle so much. some of them end up upside down. I put them togather, and they are cuddled up.

(I've posted pics at hatch day is today also, gotta share a good thing!)

I see you were up late again Iain. I hope you get to rest soon, and that the gosling hatches success more than make up for the trials you've been having.

How do I keep the new (trying to walk) sebs from flipping over in the bator? Its not like I'll be home all day to check every 10 inutes. Agh!

Please advise!!! (I leave for work in 90 minutes) and I can't check them then for 5 hours.

Last edited:
They can be put in smaller plastic baskets with rubber shelf liner under them. You can create a baracade with a towel to lessen the space they have in the bator. Flippers are frustrating, but they seem to do it most the first 18 hours post shell if they had an assisted hatch. The less space they have to squirm the better, but don't make it so tight they pile up and suffocate the one on bottom.

STILL trying to locate the 3 Sebastopol goslings I shipped to TX, they never arrived yesterday like they should have. Been on the phone with 4 USPS locations all afternoon and evening yesterday.

My first Peaches egg has externally pipped! Peaches is a jewel of our breeding flock as she is a lilac Sebastopol. So very excited.

Have two others going well, one is breach, found the nares all is well so far.

They can be put in smaller plastic baskets with rubber shelf liner under them. You can create a baracade with a towel to lessen the space they have in the bator. Flippers are frustrating, but they seem to do it most the first 18 hours post shell if they had an assisted hatch. The less space they have to squirm the better, but don't make it so tight they pile up and suffocate the one on bottom.

Thank you! I've been trying to think what is best. We don't have any plastic bowls, but I have towels. What if I make a towel accordian, Can I put one baby in each "trough" or is this even worse?

Back
Top Bottom