Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Yay! These are going to cause you some stress. (just a little foreshadowing.)

Ya think?
lau.gif

I can totally vouch for the stress of dewlap eggs. I was on edge for a month with mine. :) Heck, I still worry and fuss over them and they're a year old!! Lol

I'm havin an awful time with these call eggs. I lost everyone in my last batch and this hatch is a couple days late. I'm buying fans for my bators this weekend though so hopefully that will improve my future hatches. Nothing worse than seeing fully developed babies dead in shell. It's heartbreaking. :(

animal, the same thing happened to me yesterday. I lost all 9 ducklings on day 27, over half had internally pipped. One had even zipped 3/4, then got stuck and died. It was awful.

Fortunately, I have another 12 duck eggs on day 24 that are all going strong and working on internal pipping.

So far, I've made it to day 7 with my 3 dewlap eggs. I will weigh them this evening to see how that is coming along.

I am trying to decide on getting a pair of geese for my one acre home to keep with my chickens. We have 19 chickens and 4 kids and 1 acre. what is a good breed of geese for kids and chickens? Thank you in advance, sorry if I am off subject. :/

I'm glad I made your day! Maybe you will have better luck with these....they were in transit for 3 days!
fl.gif

Erin, you are a sweetheart!!! I just got your surprise package of 2 beautiful eggs!!!
love.gif
Thank you!!
hugs.gif

Now I will have to buy a few silver apple eggs from Celtic asap, so these 2 will have hatching buddies.
th.gif

She didn't miss too much luck last time, with two embryos! I hope I'm so unlucky with this batch, I want a pair!
fl.gif
LOL

Seriously, I got the eggs today Erin, and they look great. They came at 1 pm again!
celebrate.gif
Wow, the extra egg you sent was freaking HUGE! I didn't expect one of the eggs to be 1/3 bigger than the other two, hubbie was very very impressed! It'll have to be double parked in the bator. Thanks for your great packaging too. Lets hope I get one or two spiders (and goslings) so I can have a pair of your big geese.

Well, Iain, the odds of one of us getting a buff may have gone up. Watch, we'll both end up w/one of each.
smile.png

Oh, I'm glad Iain liked your surprise, It was sooo hard not saying anything!

She didn't miss too much luck last time, with two embryos! I hope I'm so unlucky with this batch, I want a pair!
fl.gif
LOL

Seriously, I got the eggs today Erin, and they look great. They came at 1 pm again!
celebrate.gif
Wow, the extra egg you sent was freaking HUGE! I didn't expect one of the eggs to be 1/3 bigger than the other two, hubbie was very very impressed! It'll have to be double parked in the bator. Thanks for your great packaging too. Lets hope I get one or two spiders (and goslings) so I can have a pair of your big geese.

Well, Iain, the odds of one of us getting a buff may have gone up. Watch, we'll both end up w/one of each.
smile.png

Oh, I'm glad Iain liked your surprise, It was sooo hard not saying anything!

yuckyuck.gif
She must have to really grunt for that last one!!! She did good that morning.. Hopefully ALL of them spider and HATCH!!!! GO BABIES GO!!!! I'm glad the packaging was great..a fork truck could have run over that thing and never hurt them..lol GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!!!! Keep posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww, Marty, you knew?? Here's hoping you get all the eggs to develop!!
big_smile.png

I did, and I approve very much of her kindness and generosity. Poor Erin was completely heartbroken and beside herself about the eggs gone astray last time. I felt so bad for her, and you and Celtic.
hugs.gif
We talked almost every day, while she waited and you waited. She was very sincerely sorrowfull.

Lets hope her eggs all outdo themselves!

Back
Top Bottom