Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

I don't like the priority shoe boxes since they let the eggs plié up on top of each other. I use an inner box with padding and eggs bubbled wrapped standing pointy end down. Then an outter box and padding between the boxes. This way there is a true UP side to the box when sending it. Shipping is a bit more this way, but rather have high hatch rates with a higher shipping than low shipping and eggs that are toast.

Good news! My eggs appear to be ok after the bator being unplugged for a few hrs. I saw great movement from the 3/8 baby. Yay!!!!

Thanks for the great input and advice guys! :D

all 3 eggs set on the 29th are starting to dip
pop.gif

Good news! My eggs appear to be ok after the bator being unplugged for a few hrs. I saw great movement from the 3/8 baby. Yay!!!!
Thanks for the great input and advice guys!
big_smile.png

celebrate.gif

Erin, do you sell Peafowl eggs? If you do can I see pics of your stock? I want peafowl so bad and had forgotten that I can hatch some.

In gosling news all 4 of my set eggs look really good. I am on day 23. duckgirl89 if you are still following this thread I'm curious how the eggs are doing. You should be right around hatch if not already hatched. I know you said all 3 of the eggs I sent you were doing good so I hope you are finally going to get your goose!

psue, I'm right behind you. I set my toulouse eggs first thing on 3/1.... then the africans were set that evening. I just did a weight check on day 26. My toulouse eggs have lost just over 12% and they are rocking like they are turning, but not seeing a dramatic dip yet. My africans have lost just under 12%. I will give them an extensive mist/cool today and tomorrow to hopefully get that number up higher. They too are rocking, but not seeing dip yet.

Erin, your first two eggs are doing well at the halfway mark. I laid the one with bad air cell down yesterday as membrane has created a stable air bubble in it. Have not candled the other 2 for development yet, but will report when I do!

No, Erin, mine were good, and arrived in two days each time. Probobly some well meaning soul thought it was better for the eggs to avoid flights, but then again, some mean trecherous soul might have had it in for eggs in general.

Good luck with the post office.
ep.gif

Marty: did yours have that sticker????? grrrrrr... I have never even seen that sticker before,,,even on packages I've recieved in 30+ yrs.....those eggs didn't even have a chance..poor babies!!!!

My 4 sebbie and 1 toulouse from Amy are still cruising along in happiness. I don't quite have a good enough light to see the detail some enjoy, but air cells are still enlarging and no signs of loss

Erins 1 survivng egg is also doing well, and hopefulling they will all arrive in a timely manor just before or on Eastor day.
fl.gif

Well I'll add another bad news story for the USPS...

The four buff Poms that I shipped yesterday are missing in transit. They were guaranteed by 3 pm today. The tracking last said yesterday they were in SC which they never should have been since overnight goes out from NC straight to FL. So my good luck shipping eggs does not carry over to babies. I really hope wherever they are that someone has a heart to open and give them some water.

Also, I try to always ship the eggs small end down. I think now from this years experience that I will not ship over 4 eggs per large flat rate box. It seems that the PO is not as careful this year. I dropped two boxes of eggs off this morning and the guy asked the usual question if anything hazardous, fragile and such and I said yes fragile hatching eggs...he gave me the weirdest look and repeated me...wow...

Well I'll add another bad news story for the USPS...

The four buff Poms that I shipped yesterday are missing in transit. They were guaranteed by 3 pm today. The tracking last said yesterday they were in SC which they never should have been since overnight goes out from NC straight to FL. So my good luck shipping eggs does not carry over to babies. I really hope wherever they are that someone has a heart to open and give them some water.

Also, I try to always ship the eggs small end down. I think now from this years experience that I will not ship over 4 eggs per large flat rate box. It seems that the PO is not as careful this year. I dropped two boxes of eggs off this morning and the guy asked the usual question if anything hazardous, fragile and such and I said yes fragile hatching eggs...he gave me the weirdest look and repeated me...wow...
Oh no! They should have gone right to Orlando to sort out. No idea where they are? If they hit Orlando and you want call me, I will run there and make sure they are given water so they make on to their owner. Hatching eggs from here are marked Live Embryos, do not stack, do not expose to heat or cold, fragile.

I do have peafowl, they are all in together though, so you may get trues, you may get pied. You can see pics of them on my weebly.com at the bottom of my signature. They are barely laying out of 4 girls so far I have only gotten 4 eggs and they are sparatic..They are not laying hard core yet..But they have been breeding let crazy!
yesss.gif

Erin, do you sell Peafowl eggs? If you do can I see pics of your stock? I want peafowl so bad and had forgotten that I can hatch some.

In gosling news all 4 of my set eggs look really good. I am on day 23. duckgirl89 if you are still following this thread I'm curious how the eggs are doing. You should be right around hatch if not already hatched. I know you said all 3 of the eggs I sent you were doing good so I hope you are finally going to get your goose!

Back
Top Bottom