Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

This was the last hatch, and it did have a bit stuck too him. The last two were partially assisted. I know I had to take the muck off ones eye, and I'm wondering if it has some up in there. Poor baby. When I rinsed it with saline, it was able to open it for a bit, but it kept shaking its head, like it was trying to rid itself of something.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is about dewlaps and the yucky gummy stuff. The inflammation is right in that tricky location when hatching, too. Have you tried a small bath to see if he tries to rinse it himself?

Yeah, so long as you use really warm water than dry off really fast, he should be ok. My gimpy gosling got her first bath when she was 2.5 days old.

Are the eggs in the cups losing too much moisture?
So, remind me again....how do you know which is losing TOO much moisture.....not losing enough weight or losing too much? I have it in the other room, just gotta go get my papers....which I am going to do as soon as I am done writing this.

So, looking the placement of my eggs in reference to the weights, it is all over the place. I can't see any relation.

My ones in the cups are 1, 2, 3, 5, 11.

Thanks so much for your help......MUCH appreciated.

Okay, just read that if they are losing less than 16% then lower the humidity and mist and cool.

If they are higher than 16% then raise humidity and do not mist.

I have some that are lower and some that are higher....what do I do now?

Do you guys have two bators that you use??

Okay, just read that if they are losing less than 16% then lower the humidity and mist and cool.

If they are higher than 16% then raise humidity and do not mist.

I have some that are lower and some that are higher....what do I do now?

Do you guys have two bators that you use??
you can either.........1. do an average and do whats best by where the whole batch is ... or 2. keep the humidity the same and mist the eggs that need it while doing the daily cooling of the eggs

I have an internal pip, how long do you think before external pip...I heard it earlier this afternoon, and it is still quacking in the shell but no external...I'm nervous..Advise please!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom