Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Marty, frequent washing with plain warm water to help keep the eye clear and functioning. You can use cotton balls to wipe from inside corner to outside corner. It's similar to new born babies where bacteria gets in the eye, and is why hospitals place erythromycin cream across their eyes. So if you have some available you can wash then place a small amount of erythromycin on the eye. If not then constant washing to help flush the goop and possible infection away. Be sure it is always inside corner to outside corner so you aren't flushing anything towards the nares and bill opening.

Great pictures by the way!

I have an internal pip, how long do you think before external pip...I heard it earlier this afternoon, and it is still quacking in the shell but no external...I'm nervous..Advise please!!
fl.gif
It takes awhile Erin! its a two-three day process, day one internal, day two extereanl, then sometime in the next 24ish hours, unzipping. Your toulouse get a move on, though. Luna went from int to ext to out in about 20 hours, a goose record for my bator. Otheres have taken days.

Marty, frequent washing with plain warm water to help keep the eye clear and functioning. You can use cotton balls to wipe from inside corner to outside corner. It's similar to new born babies where bacteria gets in the eye, and is why hospitals place erythromycin cream across their eyes. So if you have some available you can wash then place a small amount of erythromycin on the eye. If not then constant washing to help flush the goop and possible infection away. Be sure it is always inside corner to outside corner so you aren't flushing anything towards the nares and bill opening.
Great pictures by the way!
Glad to hear we are on the same page, makes me feel better. I don't have any eye meds, so I've been making sterile saline, and today, after mutiple washes yesterday, the eye is mostly open, and clear. I think if I rinse throughout the day, and maybe tomarrow morning, it'll be just fine.
highfive.gif

Erin, 24 hours, so expect a pip tomorrow.
big_smile.png

It takes awhile Erin! its a two-three day process, day one internal, day two extereanl, then sometime in the next 24ish hours, unzipping. Your toulouse get a move on, though. Luna went from int to ext to out in about 20 hours, a goose record for my bator. Otheres have taken days.

Okay this morning external pip...and quaking away!!! No zipping though yet...I keep talking to the egg and when I do it talks back..I can't wait.. Come on baby!!
fl.gif

Glad to hear we are on the same page, makes me feel better. I don't have any eye meds, so I've been making sterile saline, and today, after mutiple washes yesterday, the eye is mostly open, and clear. I think if I rinse throughout the day, and maybe tomarrow morning, it'll be just fine.
highfive.gif
yay for improvements
thumbsup.gif

Okay this morning external pip...and quaking away!!! No zipping though yet...I keep talking to the egg and when I do it talks back..I can't wait.. Come on baby!!
fl.gif
I dont know of anything that will test your patience like waterfowl hatching,lol go find something to keep busy with
highfive.gif

Hey guys, I want to share a video of Spirit, my gimpy goose, doing her thing in the group pen.
big_smile.png

Go home and the poor goosey had not even started zipping yet....worried I went ahead and started chipping the shell away, and sure enough the baby was vaccumed in...So I Started chipping away the the shell and within minutes it was out!!!!

IT IS ANOTHER BUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif

2 More to go but still have a while for developement on those!!

Back
Top Bottom