Here we go again.. More death and I don't know why!

NCD symptoms is green droppings and is spread through this to Outher birds , they also stop laying , breathing difficulties, ruffled feathers, and sit all hunched up , paralysis, death. And there is no cure for this disease. Coccidiosis has nearly the same symptoms but seriously affecting the intestines so check there droppings for bloody diarrhea.

Sounds exactly like the cocci i have seen in my birds. I treated they got better. Then sick again. Treated and they got sick again. Each time i lost a bird.
Corid is what i used. It is very safe.
1 teaspoon in there food after wetting it for 5 days. Then 1/3 teaspoon for 10 days.
I take all the feed they eat in one day and moisten it add the corid and feed half in the morning (refrigerate the rest) and half in the evening.
On the 3rd day i see drastic changes.

Sounds exactly like the cocci i have seen in my birds. I treated they got better. Then sick again. Treated and they got sick again. Each time i lost a bird.
Corid is what i used. It is very safe.
1 teaspoon in there food after wetting it for 5 days. Then 1/3 teaspoon for 10 days.
I take all the feed they eat in one day and moisten it add the corid and feed half in the morning (refrigerate the rest) and half in the evening.
On the 3rd day i see drastic changes.
Welcome to BYC!

-Kathy

These are the Corid doses I use:

20% Powder - 1.5 teaspoons per gallon for 5 days, then 1/3 teaspoon per gallon for 7-14 days.
9.6% Liquid - 2 teaspoons per gallon for 5 days, then 1/2 teaspoon per gallon for 7-14 days.

-Kathy

NCD symptoms is green droppings and is spread through this to Outher birds , they also stop laying , breathing difficulties, ruffled feathers, and sit all hunched up , paralysis, death. And there is no cure for this disease. Coccidiosis has nearly the same symptoms but seriously affecting the intestines so check there droppings for bloody diarrhea.

I think I can rule this possibility out. The only green poop was just before death, and that is a sign that her organs stopped working. There has been no other greenish poop, there was also no breathing problems. I talked to the doctor again today about the tumors, he said there were a lot of them and they were pretty large. None of my chickens had paralysis, they just limped.. Probably couldn't walk normal because of the tumors. But I remember that with both of the limping chickens I had, there was no complete paralysis. And the last one layed eggs up until the day before she died.

Were there any tumors on the sciatic nerves?

-Kathy

I was told no, and the Mareks disease blood test came back negative. Also I have read several articles that mentioned there is no pain with Mareks. My last one appeared to be in a lot of pain. It is of course a possibility the lab made a mistake.

These are the Corid doses I use:

20% Powder - 1.5 teaspoons per gallon for 5 days, then 1/3 teaspoon per gallon for 7-14 days.
9.6% Liquid - 2 teaspoons per gallon for 5 days, then 1/2 teaspoon per gallon for 7-14 days.

-Kathy
Thanks Kathy for the welcome.
Yes those doses should work fine.
But as i said i had major problems with cocci and am still unsure if i have it under control.
Is it so that Corid will only treat 3 of the 9 cocci that affect chickens?
I have singled out one of my sickest hens and am on my 3rd day of amoxicillin treatment! I have wormed with wazine and i am pulling my hair out over this. I am spending 5 or more hours a day picking up poop the coop is impeccably clean.
Here is my set up......
Free range, feed a grower that is lacto bacillious fermented, starting adding 1 cup a day of ground up cat feed (32% protien) to the diet after the fermentation process. A scoop of rooster booster. My girls are all thin as a rail!!!! Breast bone sharp and protruding.
Because i've lost 3 hens i now only have 3 hens that are laying age (no eggs yet) 18 months. And 3 mature roosters. That are very healthy and full breasted.
Could it be so simple as i have too many roosters?

Thanks Kathy for the welcome.
Yes those doses should work fine.
But as i said i had major problems with cocci and am still unsure if i have it under control.
Is it so that Corid will only treat 3 of the 9 cocci that affect chickens?
I have singled out one of my sickest hens and am on my 3rd day of amoxicillin treatment! I have wormed with wazine and i am pulling my hair out over this. I am spending 5 or more hours a day picking up poop the coop is impeccably clean.
Here is my set up......
Free range, feed a grower that is lacto bacillious fermented, starting adding 1 cup a day of ground up cat feed (32% protien) to the diet after the fermentation process. A scoop of rooster booster. My girls are all thin as a rail!!!! Breast bone sharp and protruding.
Because i've lost 3 hens i now only have 3 hens that are laying age (no eggs yet) 18 months. And 3 mature roosters. That are very healthy and full breasted.
Could it be so simple as i have too many roosters?

Back
Top Bottom