Heritage & Exhibition Turkey Thread

Ok well my turkey has been away from the tom for a while now I have no idea where the tom would have went but the hen is still here and I have been using her eggs to try and get my chicken hen to go broody and I wanted to candle them to make sure before I took the eggs away to give her the kind of eggs I wanted her to hatch but they are fertile I geuss so we will be having some turkeys soon I don't know what e tom looked like as it wasn't mine so I don't know what the baby's will looks like but the mom is a narragessett

Ya well I didn't really want anymore turkeys but my dad wanted more he said he would pick turkeys over the chickens any day but the chickens aren't his choice to get rid of because they are mine I pay and take care of everything the chickens have

Ya tell me about it I have 20 chickens and 4 turkeys in a four by eight coop I just messaged a person about a coop that is two years old and he still wants 600 for it at the least so I said that's way out of my price range and I can go down to mountain road structures and have a brand new coop the same size build for the same price.

Last edited:
I build coops practically free. I use pallets the only stuff I usually buy is my nails or screws and the chicken wire. I might have 50.00 to 75.00 on the whole project

Ya my dads work does that but I like to use plywood being that it's a whole sheet of wood and those pallets when u put them up there is all of those gaps and cracks inbetween each board and it gets pretty cold here so that wouldn't work here unless u use those pallets with the sheet of plywood on the top of it

Back
Top Bottom