Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

Quote: Sorry ROn, I was getting confused between your own birds and the info from t he chart. I figured the chart was the old birds and not hatchery.

Mine are from Ideal hatchery and are part of my layer flock. They were bought as pullets. They have been good layers and good mothers. Even had one hen adopt chicks when another hen gave up on them at two weeks of age.
My BA are from MM, and have a good size compared to some other birds like EE from Meyers.seem to like being broody. Need to check and see who is laying right now. a few are but most are not of the whole mixed flock of layers.

Here is a pic of the box I had my father build for me to take pics at the show. I put the lights in it this morning and tested out with my phone!!!! I think it will work! Lol
[/IMG][/IMG]

Got into contact with someone in the Northeast about some more La Flèche(I'm also getting some from Urch). Pretty excited for what I'm going to be spending time on next year! Aiming for 100+ now that I will have my own birds to hatch from. Hopefully these turn out better than my last endeavor :( .

Stopped by the Boston Expo briefly today-- between the time change and getting up late, I missed it. My kids were impressed though-- they loved seeing the variety of fowl. THe huge geese really impressed them and they loved the cute white silky bantams, of course. Even DH was suitable impressed when I pointed out a few SLW roosters. Boys continues to bugg me about the ducks though-- it was a long drawn out rehash of all the ducks at the show-- they are strongly drawn to all the ducks. WHen they arrived home they took the baby ducks for a swim.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any of you that were there. Maybe next year.

Got into contact with someone in the Northeast about some more La Flèche(I'm also getting some from Urch). Pretty excited for what I'm going to be spending time on next year! Aiming for 100+ now that I will have my own birds to hatch from. Hopefully these turn out better than my last endeavor :( .

Good for you and please post pics!!!

I had a great time at Boston poultry show met joe; yellow house farm who was generous with advice!!! My sweet baby buckeye graced me with her first egg!!! And i met fellow Barnevelder breeder Eddie Good!!! Swapped my 2nd place pullet for two of his winners progeny and bought a white midget turkey!!!
Heading to ohio late thursday night!!! Hope to see some of you there!!!

RONOTT1 Where did you find a blue Australorp? The only ones I have ever seen were black. Is Chester Hupp a breeder and how do I contact him? My DH would love to have a couple of blue Australorp pullets!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom