Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

These are free range hens in the mtns of rock grit and more grit.

Yes grit everywhere here - I plow and plant and pick up all the rocks . They must grow because there are just as many every year.
I must be leaving to much seed rock I guess. Been looking for Rock gly but haven't found any yet.
At least the chickens are grit happy.

Yes grit everywhere here - I plow and plant and pick up all the rocks . They must grow because there are just as many every year.
I must be leaving to much seed rock I guess. Been looking for Rock gly but haven't found any yet.
At least the chickens are grit happy.

Hey! I grow rock too! I'm convinced they breed like rabbits.
big_smile.png

Quote:
This is funny, because I noticed that some of my birds are not wanting to eat the fermented feed at all anymore. Then I realized that I was throwing out oats, boss etc as a scratch in the mornings. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to what I'm feeding. Edited for content: Also, I think I'm going to have to bring in the fermented feed when I make it. It's not fermenting enough outside even in 40'ish weather.

Last edited:
I was at the PPBA show in Modesto and tried to get some photos that might interest @gjensen and @3riverschick I'm a terrible photographer, so the birds were much better than pictured. Same exhibitor for both breeds - B. Riddle. I'll only post the BB & RB.

BB

RB

BB

RB

Back
Top Bottom