Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogiman

Songster
11 Years
Feb 2, 2008
South Louisiana
It's late morning and we're burning daylight. Need a menu for supper !!!
idunno.gif
Any suggetions ?
old.gif

NOTE FROM NIFTY:

Hey everybody, the new "Grandpa what's for dinner thread can be found here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=111095

We hope you have lots of fun with this new thread!

Chicken parmisian (SP?) served on a bed of spaghetti, with broccoli on the side, and Garlic bread (the kind of bread with all the little seeds & texture).

Hot fudge cake with ice cream for dessert.

My way of saying happy VD to the family...

I think I'm going to go buy some artisan bread and roast a couple heads of garlic to slather on them. We will probably have baked chicken and baked potatoes with it. I'm also thinking I might fry some green beans with red onion.

Fattening but good.

I think we're going to have chicken alfredo too, salad on the side.

But for dessert I'm making strawberry shortcake, and because of V-day, I'm cutting a small 'V' out of the top of each slice of strawberry so they make a heart shape. Topped with whipped cream and heart shaped sprinkles!!! It's a surprise for the kids!

Sweet and sour meatballs, rice, and baby carrots. To top it off, homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Seems a tad ridiculous to have pumpkin pie for Valentine's Day, but hubbie thinks homemade pie is the answer to most of the world's problems!!!
roll.png

Just thought I'd share a pic with ya'll. I'm cutting the strawberries right now and thought they looked so cute I'd take a pic.

Feb14628.jpg

Maybe tonight when we assemble our shortcakes I'll take another pic so you can see the finished product. What a cute V-day dessert!!

Oh and for a V-day gift to the chickies, they get all the little v shapes I cut out of the strawberries!!! Yay!

Last edited:
I have a pork tenderloin cooking which I will shred for pulled pork/BBQ sandwiches, one of my husbands fav's. (It was a toss up over meatloaf, corned beef (which we will have next month), or pulled pork.)

Coleslaw
Home fries

Strawberry shortcake

This weekend he will have another dinner - I plan to cook steaks and shrimp.

With this cold I am just struggling daily to cook meals. I am hoping to be recovered by the weekend to enjoy a slice slab of beef.

I want to go to dinner at your house!!!! That's all my absolute favorite things!!!!
homerdrool.gif
mmmmmmmmmmm! crab legs.......Cheesecake......mmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
OH MY GOSH, That is exactly what we are having except for dessert we are having red velvet cake with chocolate frosting, strawberry's and whipped cream.
We always decorate the table and use "fancy" dishes and candles. The kids valentines from DH and I are set neatly in front of there plates. This year small boxes of chocolates.

I am throwing some road kill on the smoker and hoping for the best. (baked possum on the half shell with sweet potato stuffing.)

Hickory smoked prime rib, grilled corn on the cobb, baked potatoes, sauted mushrooms, homemade bread,
peach cobbler and sweet tea.

Which sounds best? I am kinda torn here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom