Hey! Long time lurker here lol

BokBokGoose

Songster
6 Years
Feb 24, 2017
Hey y’all,
I registered for an account in 2017 and am just now confirming and introducing myself 😜 This forum has been such a wealth of knowledge for so long I’m really grateful to have found it! I’m more of a wallflower so I like to admire and enjoy the chickens y’all post on here 💛

A little about me:
I was the stereotypical animal-loving child who would bring home every animal in the book. I had ducks, finches and a parakeet as a child and always wanted chickens. I made that dream come true in 2017 with a small backyard flock with a few barred rocks and golden comets. They became my garden buddies and I love their zest and inquisitive nature.
Fast forward 4 years and I have made the leap from backyard suburban chickens to owning a 13 acre farm in Alabama 🥲 I am finally getting to make my childhood dreams a reality and I feel so blessed. I now keep a forest flock of olive eggers, easter eggers and australorps, a breeding group of lavender orpingtons (such sweeties!!), a breeding group of wheaten marans and a small group of silkies. I’ve also started hatching chicks this spring and my kids are loving every minute of it as am I! I also have two pairs of royal palm turkeys and a few other barn friends that I care for. I have invested in and really appreciate the effectiveness of PremierOne electric poultry netting because we have foxes and other predators. End of story… I suffer from chicken calculus, the more extreme version of chicken math.

Howdy, :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Glad you decided to de-lurk!
animated-indian-and-redskin-image-0031.gif

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

Hey y’all,
I registered for an account in 2017 and am just now confirming and introducing myself 😜 This forum has been such a wealth of knowledge for so long I’m really grateful to have found it! I’m more of a wallflower so I like to admire and enjoy the chickens y’all post on here 💛

A little about me:
I was the stereotypical animal-loving child who would bring home every animal in the book. I had ducks, finches and a parakeet as a child and always wanted chickens. I made that dream come true in 2017 with a small backyard flock with a few barred rocks and golden comets. They became my garden buddies and I love their zest and inquisitive nature.
Fast forward 4 years and I have made the leap from backyard suburban chickens to owning a 13 acre farm in Alabama 🥲 I am finally getting to make my childhood dreams a reality and I feel so blessed. I now keep a forest flock of olive eggers, easter eggers and australorps, a breeding group of lavender orpingtons (such sweeties!!), a breeding group of wheaten marans and a small group of silkies. I’ve also started hatching chicks this spring and my kids are loving every minute of it as am I! I also have two pairs of royal palm turkeys and a few other barn friends that I care for. I have invested in and really appreciate the effectiveness of PremierOne electric poultry netting because we have foxes and other predators. End of story… I suffer from chicken calculus, the more extreme version of chicken math.
Welcome to BYC!! So glad you joined!

Hey y’all,

A little about me:
Welcome back into BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom