Hey Rabbit-Keepers, What is This? **UPDATE**NOW WHAT?**

SproutGirl

Songster
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Missoula, Montana
Look at what my SO found cruising down the middle of the street at 10:30 last night! What kind of a rabbit is it? What do I do now?

8378_p1060295.jpg

Last edited:
very cute! Go to TSC, buy some rabbit food .. and a nice water bottle, and some wire ... lol.

Quote:
That does NOT look wild. Looks like some *you-know-what* decided to set their kid's bunny "free."

I think she's wanting to know what breed .. obviously an escapee .. or a "turned-loosee" .. poor baby?

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. Does anyone know what breed of rabbit this is? I don't know much about rabbits. I've read a little about them as livestock, but I don't exactly think this little fellow is "meat!" I've also read a book called "Enslaved by Ducks," which is hilarious if you haven't read it, and the author writes about his experiences with rabbits. Some breeds had different personalities.

It's probably a crossbred rabbit. I think someone probably got bored with their Easter present already. It looks vaguely like a Rhinelander, but the body shape isn't quite right.

Well, congrats on the new bun!

Quote:
My best guess was going to be a mini rex cross. The rex fur is recessive, so an outcross wouldn't have rex fur.

Sure is a pretty bunny, I always loved the tri's.

Back
Top Bottom