hi all i have magpie ducks

Update got up and all three duckling are doing well and my girls have named them so we have fluffy the one that has more black on it.
Luna the one with gray on it.
Sole the one with a little black on it

Last edited:
Update got up and all three duckling are doing well and my girls have named them so we have fluffy the one that has more black on it.

Last edited:
They are adorable and sweet names.. glad to hear they are doing so well Good job!

Meet spot and cherry littles mum and dad
Lovely parents too.

Update two duckling are doing well and one be the vets because she not walking think she got a broken leg it should heal in a fews and they give me so multi vitamins drops for her to see if that helps

Last edited:
Update two duckling are doing well and one be the vets because she not walking think she got a broken leg it should heal in a fews and they give me so multi vitamins drops for her to see if that helps
Also niacin deficiency is very prevalent in ducklings I'm not disputing what the vets say but if your feeding chick feed adding some brewers yeast to it will help they can get leg lameness and neurological issue if it's a niacin problem. Could the duckling have gotten accidentally dropped?

As far as i know she has not been drop but i asked my sister to look after them other night and when i got back she like that
and the vitamins the vet give has got niacin in them she can move the one leg.

Last edited:
As far as i know she has not been drop but i asked my sister to look after them other night and when i got back she like that and the vitamins the vet give has got niacin in them she can move the one leg.
Is her head always held back like that? she may have wry neck so be sure to give her those vitamins daily and if any young children in the home, have them sit on the floor when holding ducklings that way if the duckling was to get away from them they wouldn't fall far and get injured. Not saying that's what happened since I don't know if there are small kids but ducklings can even get out of our hands pretty quick. I hope she recovers quickly.

No she holds her head like that when she is eating and drinking and my girls don't hold

No she holds her head like that when she is eating and drinking and my girls don't hold
Okay good from the pic It just made me wonder if something was going on with her neck. Well keep us updated and hopefully with good TLC and vitamins she'll be up and running around soon..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom