Hi from church hill TN

TNchick8209

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2017
Church Hill Tennessee
hi y'all I'm blessed with six baby chicks four barred rock Plymouths and two Amberlinks. I love them so much they are my babies and I need to know how much a permit is for my coop in church hill TN. I know I put my cart before my horse but this was a hobby I really have always wanted to get involved in. I also Am interested in a pair of ducks for our coop as well we are adding a pond please any friendly advice or knowledge would be helpful thank you and God bless

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I have no knowledge of the restrictions (if any) in your area. The best thing to do would be to visit your town or village hall and ask. Or post on your state thread and see if others know. Just put your state name in the search box above, and it will pop up. Hope you will be allowed to have your chickens.

Welcome to BYC!
Generally permits (when required) are assessed fees on a basis of the square footage of the structure - specifics of whether you'll even need a permit and the cost of one will be available by contacting your city/county offices to inquire.

Hello and welcome to BYC. You have some great advice already, so I'll just wish you good luck

CT

Greetings from Kansas, TNchick, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck to your chickens and ducks!
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to the ultimate Clan, Club, and sometimes Conundrum of Chicken Lovers!
If the first person you ask can't solve any of your poultry problems, there'll always be more folks right behind them!
You'll find the nicest people here who will always be at your beckon call within seconds (literally) with any fowl enigma you have!
All of birds are all part of one massive, unanimously-beloved flock on BYC- and we can't wait to assist in any way possible!
We're glad you're here!!!
Wings of Wishes,
~Sarah

Update I called and talk to someone as long as they are on my property all is well thank you everyone for your help all my chicks are doing great this morning

Okay, so you were wanting a permit to keep the birds, not for building a coop? Definitely two different things there as building permits are something you want to get before you build - and aren't always needed anyway; permits for birds do vary from locale to locale. Here, for example, since we are in the city limits I have to have a "permit" (technically an "animal facility license") for anything over 3 hens -- but it's only $40/2 years so well worth it to me, and I'm still limiting myself to 6. I could probably have just hoped I could stay under the radar, but with two story apartments behind us there are SEVERAL sets of eyes that will be able to see into the yard and count them, and it only takes one disgruntled person to make a report.
Great news for you and here's to all the fun of chicken keeping you have ahead of you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom