Hi from the NC Triangle!

Nalbuque

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2023
Youngsville NC
Hello! I’ve been reading posts here for so long and today saw a post I just needed to reply to! Haha it’s good to be here, thanks for having me!

I’m in Wake County NC, but also kept chickens in WNC and FL. I’ve had many hens and roos in the past 6 years, and for the last year I’ve also been caring for a flock of rescued ducks. My flock now has 8 chicks, 10 ducks, and 4 crows who don’t rly live on the premises but spend all day eating and socializing with the rest of the birds (well, mostly eating lol). Life is good.

I rly enjoy animals and getting to know them. We’ve had many mishaps and health issues with our flocks and have gotten pretty decent at researching and treating stuff at the house…but I’m def eager to learn more from y’all.

We also currently have dogs, cats, and two foster rabbits. I’m not vegan but very much dislike the large scale meat industry, spesh here in the US! I actually joined to suggest a local sanctuary to someone looking to adopt old battery hens: Carolina Waterfowl Rescue! They do great work and are worth a check out :)

Anyways, would love to meet other chicken people, local or otherwise!

Bok bok!
Nat

Last edited:
hi~ nice to meet you and welcome!
do you ever worry about the crows sharing parasites and/or diseases with your flock?
I have several crows that like to hang out with my ducks and chickens too. They occasionally steal an egg but I dont mind b'cuz they are keeping the hawks away. however Im wondering about parasites/diseases possibilities?

Back
Top Bottom