Hi guys, long time no see, happy new year!

DaveTaunton

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 15, 2013
Taunton, England
I hope not everyone is nursing a bad head, or hopefully won't be soon ;)

My question is this, in sunny old England, it has in fact been super windy and done pretty much nothing but rain, the fences are down, the grass is now slosh and mud and well, it's just generally very miserable weather, are the chickens ok in this? I know they'll go in if they want to, but a couple of them have taken to laying outside, and I just walked up to the window to see if any were out to find one emerging from a bush, soaked through but relatively still happy.

I know they're hardy things but I'm not sure how much rain is too much for them? They have dry shelter and allsorts to go to if it really gets too much so they should be ok surely?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas :)

I hope not everyone is nursing a bad head, or hopefully won't be soon ;)

My question is this, in sunny old England, it has in fact been super windy and done pretty much nothing but rain, the fences are down, the grass is now slosh and mud and well, it's just generally very miserable weather, are the chickens ok in this? I know they'll go in if they want to, but a couple of them have taken to laying outside, and I just walked up to the window to see if any were out to find one emerging from a bush, soaked through but relatively still happy.

I know they're hardy things but I'm not sure how much rain is too much for them? They have dry shelter and allsorts to go to if it really gets too much so they should be ok surely?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas :)

Yep good Christmas in deed you?

It was tiring but fun, having the family and their little ones over made me think I'm not quite ready for kids
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom