Hi I am Sheri

eszbibb

Hatching
Feb 6, 2016
Hi, I have Sheri. I was raised on a farm and after 26 years of following my husband around while he served in the military we are back home and now have chickens, dogs, cows and a cat. I look forward to learning more about chickens.

Welcome to BYC, Shari. Glad you decided to join our flock. Tell your husband I said thank you for his years of service to our country. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hi, thanks from Louisiana ..!
I started with 4 duckies for the gramdbabies and I'm down to 1... Two were found dead and 1 disappeared. We have 1 nesting on obvious infertile eggs. But, She's been a good mama and I hate it for her. So, thanks for the add and also for all of the knowledge that you guys have !! Looks like I'll be getting more duckies B4 the grandkids come back !!
From what I've learned here in past few days. It seems I need a coop? House? Something for them to be safe ..! Also they want chickens.. Yikes !! Thanks again for the add !! I'll need it ..!
Mawzeeschikz

Hi, I have Sheri. I was raised on a farm and after 26 years of following my husband around while he served in the military we are back home and now have chickens, dogs, cows and a cat. I look forward to learning more about chickens.

Hi Sheri,
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks to your husband for serving and to you for supporting his efforts. Sounds like you're right back on the farm, you must be enjoying all the animals.

Michael O'Shay has given you a good place to get started learning about chickens, the Learning Center has a lot of information. And the members here are very helpful so always feel free to ask questions.

What breed of chickens do you have now?

Hi, thanks from Louisiana ..!
I started with 4 duckies for the gramdbabies and I'm down to 1... Two were found dead and 1 disappeared. We have 1 nesting on obvious infertile eggs. But, She's been a good mama and I hate it for her. So, thanks for the add and also for all of the knowledge that you guys have !! Looks like I'll be getting more duckies B4 the grandkids come back !!
From what I've learned here in past few days. It seems I need a coop? House? Something for them to be safe ..! Also they want chickens.. Yikes !! Thanks again for the add !! I'll need it ..!
Mawzeeschikz
welcome-byc.gif
to you too!

Sounds like you definitely need a house for the ducks to be safe in at night. The members over on the duck forum are really helpful so ask them any questions you might have.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Good luck to you

Hi Sheri and welcome to BYC. You already have some great advice and i hope this helps. Don't be shy in asking questions - we all like to help each other out here.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom