Hi! I was bamboozled into chicken hatching :)

pippymcpipster

Hatching
Apr 18, 2016
Ohio
This year has been pretty stressful for me. So, a good friend of mine stopped by on Valentine's Day with 3 dozen chick eggs and an incubator. He said "It'll give you something to look forward to". So I spent 2 days researching hatching chickens(thanks to this site and the tons of info). I successfully hatched 5 eggs of the 3 dozen :/ Well..... I tried. :p I have learned alot and am trying again. Today is day 19 of the second hatch. Lock down... And crossed fingers!

Good luck to you! Chickens are great "destressers" and make great pets. And you get eggs out of them! I hope the rest of your chickens hatch and the ones you already did hatch look beautiful. When I got my chicks everyday I would look forward to holding them and seeing them talk to each other. Good luck!

Bamboozled, you say...

That weren't your friend, look at what he's done
went and done to you.

Glad you joined, 'cause it sounds like you might need
us. We help in all matters chicken, including revenge.

Spook

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

The "incubating and hatching eggs" forum may be useful to you, and there are a few threads on incubation, as well as the "April / May hatch-a-long".

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

What breed of chicks are you hatching? I hope this 2nd go round brings you lots of joy!

You had a great first hatch, you don't know that all the eggs he gave you were fertile, some may have been too old to be viable, etc. You have 3 lovely chicks
thumbsup.gif
Sending good hatching vibes your way
jumpy.gif
. How many days till your next hatch?

You had a great first hatch,  you don't know that all the eggs he gave you were fertile, some may have been too old to be viable, etc.  You have 3 lovely chicks  :thumbsup .
Sending good hatching vibes your way :jumpy .   How many days till your next hatch?

My first silkies hatched yesterday. I have 3 more pipped waiting to zip. They're so tiny! My first hatch were so big. I actually had to assist hatch the two that came. They started hatching in the egg turner on day 18.. Eeek

Back
Top Bottom