Hi there--looking to connect, but also looking for a roo

RedRaptor13

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2015
Pocono Mts.
Hi,

I've been lurking on the forum for some time now and I appreciate all the valuable information I've been able to find here. I currently have 4 RIR hens, 2 barred rocks (1 pullet, 1 roo, we think--they are newly hatched) and currently 24 black australorp eggs in our incubator. The 24 was a mistake. We had purchased a dozen eggs online and got double the amount! We aren't sure what we're going to do with so many birds, since we're just backyard farmers, but anyway, we do have one problem. We lost our roo recently and we're looking for a rhode island red or white roo to replace him. We're in the Poconos, near Effort, PA. We were wondering if anyone locally is selling, or is willing to trade, a red or white roo to us. If you were interested in our excess australorps, we could arrange a trade around the 15th of Sept, when they'll be around 3 days old.

Please drop me a PM or email me: [email protected]. And thank you!

welcome-byc.gif

I'm glad you stopped lurking and joined! You could ask around the Pennsylvania!! Unite!! thread to see if they have a Rhode Island rooster that they are willing to trade for or you could look/post in the Chickens 8 Weeks & Older (which is in the BUY~SELL~TRADE forum). I hope you find a rooster!

There are a glut of roosters looking for homes so it is truly a buyers market. On the Buy,sell, trade forum of BYC, they frequently have very high quality roosters at very reasonable prices.

welcome-byc.gif

It's so nice to see someone looking to get a rooster instead of someone wanting to get rid of a rooster! I wish you all the luck finding a good boy (your state thread or the buy-sell-trade options are good). Where ever you find a rooster, don't forget to isolate him before adding him to your flock (you don't want to introduce a disease or pest).

Thanks for joining us, let us know what you find!

Back
Top Bottom