Votes: 46 67.6%

• Total voters
Pics

Chicky Crazy

Songster
6 Years
Feb 27, 2013
Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

*Hidden Nature*

Long ago, in the days of Kings and Queens, lived a poor widow. Her name was Marilyn. She claimed that she had the power to cast magic spells, and make wishes come true. But those who heard her claims laughed, and threw her out of the city believing that she had lost her mind.
Hungry, and cold, Marilyn ran to the forest of Moonhaven for shelter. The woods provided her with everything she needed, yet Marilyn soon became lonely. Marilyn befriended all the animals of the forest, and treated them as she would a friend. Still, she wished that they could talk to her, for she longed to hear the voice of another. Using her magic, she cast a spell upon the forest that gave all of the animals the ability to turn into a human whenever they desired. The animals enjoyed their unique powers, and began to look at the world through new eyes. But with their gift came great responsibility. Not one of the animals was allowed to leave Moonhaven. If anyone found out about the magical creatures they would become afraid, and in their fear would kill every last one. Even though the animals never did wander from Moonhaven a few humans did see them. Over the years these few people began to call them “shape shifters”. Their stories were never confirmed by any proof, as centuries passed these stories became as classic as the tale of Cinderella.

Now, it is modern day. Marilyn has been dead for many years, though her memories live in the hearts of the shape shifters. The world around Moonhaven is changing, a city now buzzes near the forest. Suddenly, the forest is cut down, leaving the shape shifters uncovered. Everyone is forced to run to the city for protection and are thrown into a modern life.
Scattered and scared, some of them are discovered by undercover cops. They were arrested and taken away without a trace of their existence left behind. The cops are greedy, they hide the shape shifters in a secret prison, hoping that through cruel experiments they can attain their powers for themselves.

Will the shape shifters die along with their tales? Or will they reveal themselves to the world, and stand up for what is right?​

Rules:
* Do not play before your form as been accepted.
*Follow all of the BYC rules above.
* Do not change the plot without my permission, if there is something you want to change ask me.

Forms:

~Shape Shifters~

Name:
History:
Personality:
True Form: (An animal)
Picture/Description:
Username:

~Normal Humans~

Name:
History:
Personality:
Picture/Description:
Username:

Character Page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hidden-nature-character-page

*** ChickenShan came up with the plot and helped me create the role play. I really appreciate her help. The photo above belongs to ChickenShan. You must ask her permission if you want to use it***​

Last edited:
(Thanks guys I do kind of want to join, I have no idea if I could handle so many RPs at once but hey that's part of the fun is trying right!? And Bantambird the dragons is in part why I wanted to join, always loved me some dragons. I read the first like 100 pages so I know how it started but I guess what is the basic premise now? )
(The basic premise now is: Markus has been capturing and experimenting on the shifters. He has military connections and is wanting to create the perfect weapon using genetically engineered shifters. He has succeeded with making shifters do to the blood of the last pure unicorn. For it holds the founding magic of Moonhaven in her blood. For with the destruction of Moonhaven, the magic had ceased to exist in the forest. Thus no more shifters would ever be born. Markus and his father before him, had created a facility deep within the earth under a mountain named Menagerie. It only had a side tunnel and a roof access for a helipad. The rebel shifters and their Fae connections united together to siege an attack. They managed to destroying Menagerie as well as rescuing all shifters who wanted freedom. They also saved all the files on Markus's hybrids for future reference. What they hadn't expected was a room full of genetically engineered hybrids within synthetic wombs. As their life support was cut, the ones who were old enough to survive on their own awoke with their forced birth. To their shock, they were like adult infants, ready to be programmed and trained for battle. Now Markus is on the run, with his Fae demos (Parish) As his only ally. The very one that the Fae are here to defeat for their queen Avalon.
The Russians come in with Menagerie destruction. For they were going to run a raid and steal Markus's research and choice inhabitants. But had to settle for what they could grab and run when Menagerie fell at the hands of the rebels. I just gave the basic premise on earth.

~○~ Now there are lots of other side plot, of different realms and storylines I haven't covered so here they are in summary ~○~

☆The Fae realm is called Anstopfia and is now split into two parts and led by siblings. Queen Avalon and her brother King Racine. Their world is on the verge of war with an invading alien species that call themselves Hythishens. They're lead by Seshsais.

☆There is a great dragon clan of Entance. The King is Den Dragon, his daughter is Foneth. They are the origin of the Syths. (A Fae race of guards, who up until now could not shift and we're considered lesser Fae for not being two natured. Because it is believed that all Royal Fae have to have two forms. Which Avalon and Racine have constructed a decree to change.)

☆ There is a Balors realm lead by Queen Nabal Aryxon. (Balors are three head dragons who fled during the first war (when Avalon's father, King Kraft was killed by Racine) and have been in exile until recently. )
~○~○~
Then there's Jackie's pocket realm which is an exact replica of Moonhaven. She is a powerful witch and healer. )

Last edited:
(Alright I will see what I can come up with. And who says I want to be rescued, maybe I want to be with the Russians. I mean the leader is modeled after the very hunky Tyler Hoechlin, or that's who it looked like. If hes there leader maybe I want to stay a captive, lol)
(Lol! You're hilarious. What does it say about me that I'm all the bad and nasties in this role play? Except Slygotha, she's a dragon not to be crossed. *laughs evilly* :bun )

Last edited:
(I will make her an ice dragon, or a variety of that type then given that he is using an ice/storm dragon to make his hybrids. Let me know if you need anything else Starr before you reply. :) )
( That poor dragon is gonna find himself the unwitting father to much of Marcus's army, I'm afraid, along with whatever he crossed them with. He had one of mine laying eggs for him too, a golden (fire/luck) type.)

Rodney mumbled and just dragged his feet.

Oakley grinned. "Come on, this is our room."
---
Mixie sighed. "Who wants a life where you constantly have to work?" Mixie wondered aloud.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Sweetie wondered around in the city in human form. She was a little happy, she usually never saw human activity unless her owner fed her or milked her. She needed shelter from the rain, though.
She found some cloth and propped it up with sticks from the forest remains. She sat under it, but it got soaked through. She found a tarp and put that on, and she then was able to sit down and not get soaked to the bone.
The police officer saw her. He walked over to her, "What in the world are you doing? Go back home." He said, "I don't have a home." Sweetie replied. "So, you're a begger?" He asked, she shook her head. "I'm just staying here, I'm not begging for money." The police started feeling guilty. He rummaged in his pockets and found a one hundred dollar bill. "Go stay at that hotel nearby, once you are staying their food is free. You'll have enough time to get a job." He said, he waved goodbye and walked away, patrolling again.
"Thank you!" Sweetie said. She got up and started walking to the hotel.

(That happens. All the time. XD)

Nidhogg gasped in surprise, steaming tears forming. She was at a loss. At least with Razeth here, they would be able to protect each other. She didn't think anything out in the world was strong enough to hurt her family like this. She relayed to Razeth what had happened to her and her rescue by Reaper. She placed a claw atop her brother's claws, a simple touch to let him know she would face the challenges ahead together.
Razeth took in the details of her experience and rested his upon her shoulder soothingly. Yes, they'd survive this world together.

Back
Top Bottom