High humidity?

Bryce243

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 8, 2014
Kendall, NY
I have a hovabator 1588 and the water tray has 4 spots that go all the way around and it said to put water in the first tray so I have been and the humidity has been 63% but steadily what should I do?

I have a hovabator 1588 and the water tray has 4 spots that go all the way around and it said to put water in the first tray so I have been and the humidity has been 63% but steadily what should I do?

Are your plugs in or out...?
Can you be positive that your hygrometer is accurate? (I just found out, through this site, that I can throw mine out!)
I have also heard here that it the surface area that helps get/keep humidity up higher or lower.
Also remembering somewhere that you can cover part of that tray with aluminum foil, but take that one (actually, this entire post, as I am relatively new here and do not speak from experience) with not a grain but a boulder of salt.
Others ascribe to more of a Dry Hatch method that you can also read about here.
I am sure that others will reply with sound advice.
In the meantime you can use the advanced search engine in the top bar to better pinpoint the answer you are looking for.
Good luck and best wishes for a healthy, happy hatching!

The plug is in and the thermometer is right on so I'd think that the hydrometer is also sense they are built in to the unit and I'll look I to that

Back
Top Bottom