Holy...please, I need comforting.(I'm the one who had a bird who lost a leg)

AxelFlynn08

Chirping
5 Years
May 4, 2014
First off, the heck is up with the forum layout? Am I the only one seeing the whole thing going to the right?
A few people know me as the person who had a young wyandotte who lost a leg. You know, it looked like it was just clearly sheared off.

And I was in absolute shock today. I went out to feed my lovely chickens and some horrible, horrible person has killed them all! Well, all except for my traumatized little Jersey Giant. He/she hid behind my leg when I went out there. I know for sure now that some cruel, awful person killed them. The evidence is too huge in so many areas. There are even two that are just gone. No sign of them anywhere.

I'm so very heart broken and don't know what to do with my one, lonely remaining bird right now. I'm getting a padlock for the hen house, but he isn't going out there alone, ever. I'll probably be getting one within the next day or so, and hopefully some wire or something. I'm not begging or even requesting...but I'll happily take any unwanted birds right now to fill the void. I adored my silky roos, marans, and production red so much.

R.I.P.
Domineque
Jerome
Peep
Dotty
Speckle
Bishop
Kingston
Rook

I loved you all from the day I adopted you, and for some, the day I picked you up from the post office. Rook and Bishop were a present for my fiance and Kingston(Meanston) was my little pain in the butt. Speckle, Peep, and Dotty were part of the first 4 I bought at the start of the summer. They were nearing laying age. My other roos, Domi and Jerome loved treats and enjoyed following me everywhere. Domi was my lap baby and was so beautiful. I had the 5 sweetest roosters in the world.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your chickens. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. It's both horrible and infuriating to think that someone would intentionally kill your animals, but it happened to us once when we lived on the big island of Hawaii. Once, while we were gone, someone tresspassed onto our farm, and killed and skinned my daughter's Netherland Dwarf Rabbits. They didn't take the meat, they just left the skinned bodies lying in their cages. We reported it to the police, but we never did find out who did it. I hope whoever killed your chickens gets caught, and I hope you can rebuild your flock quickly and move on. Their are other unwanted chickens out there who need you. Hang in there.

How horrible. That could leave someone scarred for life. Thank you for the kind wishes and I hope very much that your poor sister is ok after that.

Back
Top Bottom