Home made cabinet incubator

I would like thank WalnutHill for all the help and inspiration on re-purposing an entertainment system that no one wanted any more. I took the drawers and made the doors. I used everything except the three draw frames because they were that particle board stuff. The entertainment system was 3/4 inch plywood..
This is the entertainment system without drawers and cabinet doors. I then simply cut the larger part off as you can see and used the back panel for the cabinet to attach to the rectangle one. Insulated it, put doors on it and then followed WalnutHill's incubator instructions. Because WalnutHill is an awesome person and helps a lot. Please dont focus too much on the temp gauge because that is when I just added eggs... 82 eggs and 32 eggs in lock down. Lockdown eggs was from a LG incubator that couldn't keep temp.

This is the first incubator I every made and it would have not turned out at all like this if it wan't for WalnutHill's expertise. As you can see I need to seal some things up with the blue tape. It will hold 164 eggs which is plenty if even half hatch. I can probably squeeze in another tray but 4 trays are perfect for now. Please dont ask technical questions because I am not the person to ask when it comes to incubating. I can tell you how many eggs that it hold, but I lucked out and this was only 1 to 2 inchs either shorter in length, width, and/or depth compared to WalnutHill's dimensions.
wee.gif

Nice. I keep looking at things I could re-purpose into one. Just haven't pulled the trigger on picking one.

When I prowled the house looking for a "sacrificial furnishing", my husband had one word...NO.

Which is why mine is built of 1 x 2s and sheets of foil faced foam.
smile.png

When I prowled the house looking for a "sacrificial furnishing", my husband had one word...NO.

Which is why mine is built of 1 x 2s and sheets of foil faced foam.
smile.png

Its very cool! My husband will probably have a similar response! haha

But I work in a factory that is over 100 years old, and we will be moving, or closing down, within the next few months. We are clearing a lot of old junk out of the building. I noticed a neat old microwave that I believe would make a perfect housing. I'm just not sure if I could forget that it was once a microwave! Ya know, that's just so wrong. lol

Last edited:
Its very cool! My husband will probably have a similar response! haha

But I work in a factory that is over 100 years old, and we will be moving, or closing down, within the next few months. We are clearing a lot of old junk out of the building. I noticed a neat old microwave that I believe would make a perfect housing. I'm just not sure if I could forget that it was once a microwave! Ya know, that's just so wrong. lol

What a shame that such a long running business is shutting down. Economics, or obsolete product?

What a shame that such a long running business is shutting down. Economics, or obsolete product?

A little of both. We have changed product lines, but economics has hurt much too. But we may continue, just in a much smaller building. We don't need this huge factory now.

I reversed the fan (screwed it on so that it blows out of the duct) and the bottom now makes a better hatcher. I moved the water tray to the top.

A plastic silverware tray makes an exceptional humidity tray. The divided compartments allow for easy moisture control.

Back
Top Bottom