Home made Feeder.

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
ok, I made this one.....whatcha think???
Hangingfeeder.jpg

was very simple....going to make another....and the bucket, I got from Burger King...Pickle bucket.

I used an eye bolt to hold the pan to the bucket...and a rope through the lid....tied to the eye bolt. Total cost.....2.00. for hardware.

The tray...my mother had left over from an old water softener. You can use any old thing....check at Family Dollar.....they might have a cookie tray, with lid...cheap. I have one, i am going to use it for a water tray....made the same way. Most anything will work tho, if you can poke a hole in it. Just make sure you use washers...so the bolt doesnt pull through. I will get pics of the waterer when I finish it as well!
Good luck..and I would love to see your work when done!

Yes....I store feed in the metal trash cans. I have one for corn....layer pellets...and scratch....then one for the baby feed. I use galvanised metal, so they wont rust, and keeps mice out. They are in the coop for several reasons....convienence, and no where else to put them. Hubby kicked them out of his shop! He said MY chickens are spilling out into HIS shop...... My coops is large enough to store them comfortably.

Love it! What a great idea!

I'm really curious how you do it with the water. If you poke the holes below water level, does that keep all of the water from flowing out? Is it some sort of vacuum thing? Can't wait to see!

-Meg

I am working on the water one tomorrow.....need DH help to make the holes. I will post pics. I hope this inspires some...to " make your own" from "junk" around your place. I am makeing a smaller version for the frizzles. Will post pics too!

Made two of the feeders today they work great. I couldn't find the bases that you used, but found some shallow dog dishes that work there's a inch and a half between the bucket and pan sides. Great idea looked @ the farm store today and pretty much the same thing for 35 bucks.

Great!! My kind of thinking! I have been wanting to use the gallon clear plastic jugs for watering with a similar design. Suzanna

Back
Top Bottom