Home made incubator help

mopsee2000

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 9, 2014
I built an incubator and it has been running between 99 degrees and 104 degrees. The humidity is awful. Between 20 and 32. I put a sponge in a bowl full of water and it pulled in to 32. I just checked and the bowl is still pretty full and it was 100 degrees and 28 humidity. This is my first time building one of these with old stuff laying around. How do I get more humidity in there. Below are the pics

Add another bowl or a bigger one for water. And as far as temp maybe diferant light bulb smaller watt. Or I bigger one. I made a few and it's always been 60 wtt or a 40 wtt good luck

The bulbs I used was the old style. Just seen u had a new one. But also u got eggs in there becarfull. I always got mine rite first before placing eggs gl

Just a thought on one way to raise humidity... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/500655/anything-other-than-a-wick-pad-to-boost-humudity

If it's possible in your setup, it'll be even more effective if you place this sponge build-up directly in front of the fan... With the air blowing through the sponges.

Cheers
frow.gif

Last edited:
I just made a homemade incubator and I've been having a rough time with the humidity too, I had to breakdown and spray the inside of the incubator as a last resort. Trying my best to spray the lightbulb side of the incubator and not the egg side so much. It brought my humidity up a good 30-40% though

I used a large glass pyrex dish, like a 8x11 cake dish type. Larger surface area is the key. I keep my home made wineobator stays at around 50-65%... usually stays around 55%.

I have had really good hatched this go around with it.

Back
Top Bottom