Homemade Christmas presents.. Give me IDEAS!!!

Kathryn4629

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Colbert, WA
Ok, so I am having a hard time coming up with christmas presents. I usually try to put together a mixed bag of goodies. Last year I did homemade bath salts, soap, candles and cookies.

So far my ideas for this year are. (all homemade)
*beer/soft drink koozies. I am thinking that I could sew different designs for each person.
* Wine glass charms. I make twisted metal, bead earrings, so I have all the supplies.

Other than that I am lost!

Ideas?

Some jewelry pieces are easy to make. You can visit the learning center at www.artbeads.com for ideas.

I do the bath salts and candles too. Yesterday my SD and I made a huge batch of lip balms for her to give as presents to her friends.

This site has lots of gifts in a jar ideas:

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/foodgift/foodgift.html

Hope this helps
smile.png

Last edited:
I'm making all kinds of candies and treats for my gluten free family, like peanut butter cups, hard candy, and all kinds of fun things like that.

Last year my sister showed up with a laundry basket full of home made goodies... A LAUNDRY BASKET!!!!!!!
OMG I was eating Christmas goodies for weeks and weeks...

I like to make goodie baskets of the personal sized homemade loafs of pumpkin, banana nut, and zucchini breads. I also make fudge, cookies and usually add packets of fresh coffee beans. This is a fairly inexpensive way to cover a lot of people and I can usually enough baking done for 20 people in one day!

This year, I'm going to give away some home made goodies. Another member mentioned that you could put the ingredients for a quick bread in a jar, along with a bottle of club soda, or a bottle of beer (for those 21 and over). You could put the dry ingredients, plus the beer or soda into a loaf pan if you wanted to spend a bit more.

I usually made homemade sweets
smile.png

This year, I'm also making personalized pillows and quilts.
One of my favorites is my "smelly jars." They are mason jars filled with a short string of lights wound around potpourri. The top is closed off with a doily instead of the cover so that you can thread the cord through. They are very pretty when done.
I also like making people small wall quilts (like a large 9 block pattern) or lap blankets. They don't take very long.
One thing I plan on doing this year is buying some cute oven mitts and putting together some simple recipes with the ingredients, and putting them all in the oven mitts.
Hopefully you'll get some good ideas.
I like homemade gifts so much more than store bought.

Back
Top Bottom