Homemade Hen Saddles and Washable Cloth Napkins!

chickenpooplady

Songster
8 Years
Jan 16, 2012
Ohio
My Coop
My Coop
Hen Saddles

Roosters can be great protectors of your girls and they give you fertile eggs but sometimes while mating, they will hurt the hen's back with their claws. You can try to clip his claws or... you can buy a fun and pretty Hen Saddle!

LL

LL

A Hen Saddle is sewn material that is strapped to your hen's wings. The material lays on the hen's back and protects it from the rooster's painful claws.

Sizes
Measure from your hen's neck to the base of her tail with a ruler. It is easier if you put the hen in your lap, facing you. Then hold her legs with your legs. This will keep her from wiggling and leaves both of your hands free.

Large : 9-10 inches
Medium: 7-8 inches
Small: 6-7 inches
Extra Small: 4-5 inches

How to put a Hen Saddle on your Hen
First, put the hen in your lap, facing you. Then hold her legs with your legs.

Lay the Saddle on her back.

Put one of the straps on the top of her wing.

Gently and carefully pull her wing though.

Then do the same for the other wing.

Put the hen on the ground and make sure the Saddle is flat under her wings.

Prices and Shipping
Each Saddle is $3.50. Shipping is $2.00 per order not per Saddle. I can fit a few Saddles in a package. PM me for ways to pay.

If the Saddle does not fit your hen you can send it back and I will send you a different size. However you must pay for the shipping.

Scotch Gard
For only .5 cents per saddle I can spray your hen saddles with Scotch Gard. This will make them more water proof. Please make sure that you let me know if you want the Scotch Guard sprayed on your saddles or not when you PM me. Thanks!

Material
I will keep the first post updated on what material I have available.

Here is the material that I have available right now.

A: Little Pink Flowers

B: Pink Roses on Black

C: Blue Lattice

D: Big white flowers on gold

E: Blue and Purple Flowers

Last edited:
Cloth Napkins

These cloth napkins are homemade and washable. They are 7 inches long and 7 inches tall.

Prices and Shipping
Each napkin is $2.00. Shipping depends on how many napkins you order. PM me for ways to pay.

If you are unhappy with the product you can send it back and I will give you your money back. However, you must pay for the shipping.

Material
When I make the napkins I make the top one color and the bottom another. I will keep this post updated on what material and combinations I have available. Here is what I have available right now.

A: Hearts on the top and yellow on the bottom

B: Red flowers on top and blue on the bottom

C: Big flowers on the top and blue on the bottom

D: Roses on the top and light blue on the bottom

Back
Top Bottom