Homemade Incubators

Well got it done just need to pick up a egg turner. This thing holds temp very well cant wait to get some eggs started.

Is that the
same reason people put water bottles on the bottoms?
Yep...but I can remove the glass container lids to add humidity....works well by adjusting how much surface area is exposed as to how much humidity there is....Building a new one this fall and winter from a dual door mini fridge/cooler...going to make it the deluxe model with everything controlled by switches independantly, etc.

Just wanted to share the last year photos of the incubator I built. Again...I used flex watt for heating. I had found the mini fridge on the side of the road for trash pick up...I wish I could find another freebie find like this. I used the plastic thing for posters to make the outline for the plexie glass....I also use this for the end of the flex watt sheets....works great and gives it a professional look.
wee.gif

I should have never sold this one because I swear...I could hatch a rock if it was fertile in it. lol
gig.gif

Does your incubator have lights in that Ankron? I was thinking of adding a blue light also because it would allow me to see in during the night without having the light so bright...what a great idea :) I don't have luck with those plastic turners...for some reason- they never make it past a season without breaking. I just not to crafty to come up with ideas of my own to make a DIY turners but I see many great ideas on this forum to try out ;)

yeah bought some automotive led lights and wired them to this switch. I have had good luck with little giant turners have two.

That's a great awesome idea with the lights...I sure will have to give that a try once I'm feeling better :D It gives the ordinary incubator box some show and tell. I been wanting to add a light but I never thought of that kind. Have you hatched in your incubator yet? I had like 3 sportmans but I don't care what anyone says...some homemade incubators work so much better...that's why I sold them and started making my own. I do keep one foam GQF with a fan inside around just for "lockdown". Hatching ducks and goslings can be kind of messy sometimes. Lol

Back
Top Bottom