Homemade Incubators

This is what an egg looks like when it is ready for lock down. the whole egg has to be dark.

this looks close but the foil is up high on the wall, you cannot tell by angle. the light is 15 watt which doesn't get too far above 102 and the light never touches the box. I have had about 15 hatches so take 15 x 3 weeks each time. with no danger. this is only part of the bator, I don't like to get in to the whole bator because it is so long winded.

Last edited:

here is my latest deal 14''x10''x 9'' tall

metal bowl is for heat protection or use foil, lamp taped down for safety

skewers hold up suspended lamp since heat rises basket is tall enough chicks cannot hop over, one skewer holds lamp

blanket in basket it can hold up to 10 eggs, less is better. do not have basket over lamp.

3 dime sized holes in lid more if temp goes over 102, plug if under 100 best temp for still air hand turn. the view window is also door to turn eggs so you don't lose heat lifting lid. 1/2 cup water in yogurt cup, with foam coolers they don't breathe well so less water is best. if window gets fogged up you have too much water in bator. I don't bother with a hydro meter.

This is what an egg looks like when it is ready for lock down. the whole egg has to be dark.

this looks close but the foil is up high on the wall, you cannot tell by angle. the light is 15 watt which doesn't get too far above 102 and the light never touches the box. I have had about 15 hatches so take 15 x 3 weeks each time. with no danger. this is only part of the bator, I don't like to get in to the whole bator because it is so long winded.

Thank you! It's pretty obvious in your picture.

Cindie

Hi ,I love your fridgecubator lol , but have a question : is the fan that comes with the fridge not good to use with the incubator or is it too strong, or not enough air ? I am asking because I got me a mini fridge that does not cool but the fan works just perfectly , and second question : when you put more than one egg turner do you need a motor for each one or you use a bigger motor for 2 or 3 trays . this is the first time im doing this project and dont have any idea of what to look for .thanks for your help

I found an old electric cabinet smoker that's about the size of mini fridge. 30" tall. Good part is no compressor taking up room in the bottom. Will trying to convert it into my next incubator

Is a 100 watt bulb to hot? Wanting to make a homemade incubator but only have a 100 watt bulb, will this be suitable?

Back
Top Bottom