Homeschooling - SUPPORT GROUP

No I didn't use the exact word Dual. I explained studying at school and at college.....figured they would be smarter then I am about such things.....maybe not, lol
I was not a college bound student in high school and decided to go back about 10 years afterward, all my friends whom went to college were all moved away and lost touch, neither of my parents went to college and only 1 of my grandparents graduated from high school, so I went into college 110% ignorant of where to start, what to ask and whom to ask. What I learned quick was 90% of the instructors and staff new little or nothing outside of what their job required them to know, some were lucky it seemed to know what day and time they needed to show up to work (I'm not kidding!). as it turned out it took me much more time to complete my degree as it should because it was the blind leading the blind and I never did use my degree because by the time i got out of school I was so ignorant of how to get a job in this new job market plus the class I was suggested to take and did (making an A) that taught study skills, choosing a career and how to find and get the job with a degree did not teach me or any other classmates I kept in touch with a darn thing (I had the same job for 20+ years) I became disabled and now am unable to work due to that and life circumstances, perhaps in the future but not now.

Has anybody created transcripts for their kids yet? I need them ASAP to request additional units for dual enrollment at the CC. I've never given my kids grades (If they know it, they move on. If they don't know it, they keep at it.) I figure I'll have to google it, but thought I'd check in here first.

just get a template and fill it in.

However, do note that a slightly different name for the same subject can turn the same stuff into a college bound class, verses a junk class.

Maybe look up in your state, best high school classes for college bound kids.... see if those names fit what you have taught.

just get a template and fill it in.

However, do note that a slightly different name for the same subject can turn the same stuff into a college bound class, verses a junk class.

Maybe look up in your state, best high school classes for college bound kids.... see if those names fit what you have taught.

Thanks! I took a glance at some sample templates this morning over coffee & felt a little overwhelmed. I guess this is a good lesson for me in staying on top of things with the younger two kids.

For me, one of the hardest parts of homeschooling is when its Sunday & you're tired & just wanna grab a book & go back to bed, but you've got to do research instead. :hit

Okay, quick question for ya'll... First, thanks @room onthebroom for posting a link to this thread on the Pond.

Is there an option to write a high school diploma for your own homeschooler?

Apparently in CA there is, but we're just looking into this for the 1st time right now & wont actually need it for another 18months, so I don't know all the details yet.

An interesting idea that DH just read, was from a CA resident who had a rubber stamp made up with her homeschool logo on it to make her diplomas & other docs look more official. I love this idea & am trying to keep myself focused on creating transcripts, but my mind keeps drifting to 'what kind of stamp could I make...' :barnieAdult ADD is a curse.

Back
Top Bottom