Hooded stealing a fish from a Wood duck.

I've put minnows in my ponds and have never seen a duck catch one.Funny vid!!
I've put in minnows and they are gone when I clean it but never saw them eat any. I know any duck will eat fish. I had some gold fish from a friend who moved and had to get rid of them so I tossed a couple in while refilling the pool. Here was the second fish.

I buy minnows for my natural pond every spring and fall.My ducks have 3 ponds already! Lol
I wish I had a place to add ponds. I wouldn't even be allowed to put in a well. I live on small residential lot I'm only allowed 12 fowl at the moment I have 22 including Khakis for eggs. This summer after hatching I had over 40. My neighbors don't care though they like them. That's another reason I have ducks that aren't loud and most don't quack people would think their sounds are birds.

Yeah i don't live in town.All my ducks ponds are smaller.Right now all of them are only using 1.Its 20×10.Its in a hoop coop style pen so i could make it like a green house for the sensitive ducks.

Yeah i don't live in town.All my ducks ponds are smaller.Right now all of them are only using 1.Its 20×10.Its in a hoop coop style pen so i could make it like a green house for the sensitive ducks.
this was the pen last summer 25x36 before the new pool 5x10. I plan to make more changes this year. I want to make a either a bigger aviary or another one. I want to keep chicks away from the adults so I'm not disturbing my birds catching the ones I'm selling. Plus I want Ruddys so I need a new and bigger pond for them and for them to be separate.

Back
Top Bottom