Hoover’s new 2021 “Easter Eggers”

Omg, I'm so glad I saw this! I just posted about my 2 free Easter Eggers from the feed store that is supplied by Hoover it seems. Those 2 pullets lay dark green eggs. I had never seen Easter Eggers with yellow legs, single comb, and not muffs or beards. They were free and I figured oh well lol. Now I know what they are.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    757.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    942.2 KB · Views: 46
These two chicks came from our farm supply store who orders from Hoover’s. They were labeled Americauna but I’m sure they are Easter Eggers, they’re sweet and will do anything for meal worms but they’re kind of odd too.
B8D6B535-AFC4-4EBF-825F-1B058E3203DC.jpeg
45D07D93-75DC-4717-89BF-305F2CBD2FA0.jpeg

They were labeled Americauna but I’m sure they are Easter Egger
Technically, both are confusingly correct! True, purebred-meeting-breed-standard AmerAUcana are not widely available from the big hatcheries. Some big hatcheries sell chicks labeled Amer”I”cna to indicate colored egg layers that sound fancy but are really unstandardized mixes, so really they are just “Easter Eggers”. (Not to trivialize them - they are really great and fun birds for backyard flocks!).

Hoover’s hatchery, now has separate “breeds” labeled as:
- Americana
- Easter Eggers (new to their catalog this year)
In addition to:
- Starlight Green Eggers
- Prairie bluebell Eggers
- Olive Eggers
- Sapphire olive Eggers

None of the above are purebreds. All are non-standardized mixes or hybrids derived from AmerAUcana or Legbars.

The color of their ear lobes will tell you what color egg they lay 😄

That's sorta true.
White ears = white eggs.
Red ears = brown, blue, green eggs.

Sometimes bluish ears show up, especially with silkies. Silkies lay white.
Penedesencas have white and lay brown eggs.
Legbars have white and lay blue or green eggs.
It's a flawed theory.

I have two of Hoover's Americanas. I'll post pics of mine, the "EEs" weren't available when I got mine.
I bought 6 EE hens and yes they're all hens. I bought them from Vereens Turf and Garden Center right down the road from me. They have yellow legs and single combs. I found out that they came from Hoover's. I called Hoover's customer service and they couldn't tell me what the parentage is.

Back
Top Bottom