Hoping these two are hens? And breed thoughts

I'll try to take some pics today when they're outside. Yeah, those were taken at night so not the best. The one is a buff for sure.

Better pictures. Trying to guess the breed of the two brownish ones. (All black one still look like an easter egger?) Thanks! (Second and third pic are of the same one)

The light reds looks like they might be Red Sussex or Orpington mixes. New Hampshires and Production Reds have yellow skin, not white like those two. Both look like they might be cockerels. Pullets won't be that pink in the comb until after about 14 weeks old.
If the black girl has white skin on the bottoms of her feet, she's a Black Ameraucana. If yellow, then she's an Easter Egger.

:( Don't need roosters, hoping that's not the case. They're at 11 weeks this Friday.

Look like henny penny's to me can you post pics from the side to see the tails? Not sure if their pure buff orpingtons

What about these little ones? Daddy is a RIR/WLH...red chicks momma is a red star black chicks is a BSL but has feathered feet, so crossed with something. If the sex linking genes hold true in 2nd generations I'd say these are both girls.....what do you guys think?

One week

One day

What about these little ones? Daddy is a RIR/WLH...red chicks momma is a red star black chicks is a BSL but has feathered feet, so crossed with something. If the sex linking genes hold true in 2nd generations I'd say these are both girls.....what do you guys think?

One week

One day
Sexlinking only works for the first generation cross. For red sexlinks, you need a silver base color hen and a red base color rooster. For black sexlinks, you need a barred hen and a non-barred, non-white rooster.
Your chicks are not sexlinked. Neither hen has the required genes.

Back
Top Bottom