Horizontal Nipple Watering

Yes, I have. How long can I let them go. Today 2 of my five played around with the nipples but couldn't seem to get the hang of pushing in the metal piece in the middle to release the water.

Yes, I have. How long can I let them go. Today 2 of my five played around with the nipples but couldn't seem to get the hang of pushing in the metal piece in the middle to release the water.

Do you have them in a pail or a pipe? You don't have them on any kind of pressurized system do you?

When I push the metal buttons, they run over and drink the water that is sitting in the little lip but don't seem to do anything about getting it on their own. They went through a lot of water with the gerbil waterers so I am concerned they are going to become dehydrated. Should I go back to the gerbil waterers and try again when they are older?

When I push the metal buttons, they run over and drink the water that is sitting in the little lip but don't seem to do anything about getting it on their own. They went through a lot of water with the gerbil waterers so I am concerned they are going to become dehydrated. Should I go back to the gerbil waterers and try again when they are older?

They more than likely wasted a lot of water. No one here has ever posted that they lost any from thirst! I'll bet they are getting a lot more water than you think.

Thanks! I will be patient and try not to worry. I know they spilled some with.the other waterers. I appreciate your help!

Do you have the name of the heater you use? I've got the horizontal nipples on a study plastic bucket (old kitty litter bucket); I'm loving the setup and its worked great from day 1. Now I'm spoiled and can't imagine going to clean out water everyday, but I'm worried about them freezing up in the winter -- I live in the northeast. Thanks!

Do you have the name of the heater you use? I've got the horizontal nipples on a study plastic bucket (old kitty litter bucket); I'm loving the setup and its worked great from day 1. Now I'm spoiled and can't imagine going to clean out water everyday, but I'm worried about them freezing up in the winter -- I live in the northeast. Thanks!

If you have power, get a submersible aquarium heater. The 25-50WATTS will do the trick. Just to make sure you don't plug in the power when the heater not in the water. Otherwise, you end up crack the glass on the heater.,

If you have power, get a submersible aquarium heater. The 25-50WATTS will do the trick. Just to make sure you don't plug in the power when the heater not in the water. Otherwise, you end up crack the glass on the heater.,
If you get the right kind, that would not be a problem. I have been using a couple of aquarium heaters for 6 or 7 winters now. I have had them freeze in the ice, run out of water and get tossed around the supply box all summer. They keep working every winter with no problems and no cracking.

Back
Top Bottom