Horizontal nipples--buckets keep cracking

And that is upside down. Haha. The lip should be on the bottom.

Yeah, I know it's upside down. :) I was messing around with it after the fact.

I'm using 11/32, which I think is what the instructions say. I'll try not screwing it in so far, and maybe try a 3/8 bit. I'll try it on an old bucket to see if I can get a seal.

The 11/32 drill bit is correct, but they are not supposed to be screwed in all the way. Leave 2 - 3 threads showing, you do not need to put anything on the threads.
Edit: This nipple along with my others have been in for a year and no problems with leaking.
20180427_195849.jpg

Last edited:
Can nipples be removed from one bucket/hole and re-used in an other application, or are the threads so soft that they don't work with a second use?
I haven't tried that yet, but I think you are supposed to be able to. I've read, if the nipple ever leaks, take it out and flush water through it, a piece of dirt may be stuck at the O ring, then screw it back in.

Silicone can also degrade plastic you wouldn't think so but it does if you are that worried about the seal cut some washer from rubber, I just thought an old pair of rubber boots would do great to make washers from

Back
Top Bottom