Horse Shoes for Luck

annanicole18

Songster
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
My husband and I recently went to Metamora, IN. While there we discovered that they sell the horseshoes from the horses that pull their canal boat. We purchased one and it is delightfully massive!!! I am around horses constantly but love the big drafts. We want to hang it above our front door but cannot find anything consistent about how it is supposed to be hung. So I came to BYC to see what everyone on here thinks. Ends pointing up to hold in the luck or pointing down to diminish bad luck coming through the door?

Hopefully, it's the ends pointing up, so the luck won't run out! Because that's how they are here, over every door to the house and shop/garage.

I like the big ones too, but most of mine are from steeplechasers and polo ponies.

Whichever way you decide to hang it, just be sure that it is held securely. It would be bad luck for it to fall down on someone's head as they went through the doorway!
wink.png

Quote:
Dang!! No wonder why i ALWAYS have such bad luck!!
barnie.gif

**going outside to turn my horse shoe UP!!**
he.gif

Last edited:
I always heard that the ends should point up. It must have worked, we never had especially bad luck in our old house.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Dang!! No wonder why i ALWAYS have such bad luck!!
barnie.gif

**going outside to turn my horse shoe UP!!**
he.gif

YOU AND ME BOTH! UGH!

Ok that big boy is going up tomorrow. Can't ask hubby to do too much in one day seeing that the upgraded our aquarium from a 10 to 20 gallon today! Glad that some people know which way is the right way the internet wanted to tell me either way....

Back
Top Bottom