Horse Stall to Chicken Coop

doodlecupmom2

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
Has anyone converted a horse stall into a chicken coop? If so, does it need to be enclosed other than with chicken wire? The lower half is all boarded. It is in an old huge barn, so plenty of ventilation, but not sure if you can have "too much" ventilation? Also, is a 10x10x3 outdoor run large enough for 1 rooster and 13 hens? Thanks.

We are also doing the same thing. We have 12 chicks coming the end of May...and so we are starting to get things ready for the coop now {even though we have some time before they will be big enough to live in there}
We are converting an old stall that held pigs...and it has a concrete floor & concrete walls that come up about 2 feet. So we have to frame out & build the rest of the walls.
I have just been on here looking for pictures of others that have converted stalls into coops....trying to get some ideas!

I thought about going that route, but my barn is pretty small. I wanted to keep my stalls just in case I wanted to get some other livestock eventually. I'm building(with lots of help(paid help) to make an addition to the barn. I think the horse stall is a great idea for a coop.

Back
Top Bottom