Houdans

It might help if you posted where you are. Right now shipping is slow because of the heat but if someone were close they might be able to drive some over to you. They are a pretty rare breed right now so don't expect a quick response or a local one.

Good luck in your search, and welcome to BYC.

6th of September 2015,
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Sunday morning 3 three new additions to the flock
thumbsup.gif

Just look at all the new feathers Thursday 10 September 2015 only four days old
clap.gif

They are so alert friendly still but the running from daddy will come soon
lau.gif

I have been feeding them scrambled eggs daily and every day they seem to eat more and more
love.gif

gander007
old.gif

One of my dh's houdan hens has very muddy head feathers. I'm concerned about her health & welfare. I don't know how to clean her up.

When I get mine ready for the fair, I just go right to the bath, soak any mud, bathe in warm water, massage the feathers clean, rinse in clean water then blowdry them out. Takes a ton of time but they look great when we are done, I rub a little biosilk hair shine on the feathers for a nice sheen. The mud comes out fairly quickly it just takes time to dry them and the down can blow around so I blow dry them outside in the warm weather--if it is cold where you are you may have to do it in the garage or house, could be a little messier :D

It is amazing how calm they get when you put them in warm water. You would think they would freak, but they actually seem to enjoy it. I use either baby shampoo, or dog shampoo. I worry about their eyes stinging with the regular stuff.

Back
Top Bottom