House Goose Thread

So, this is the house goose thread! Yay!

So, I started with a Canada gosling, orphaned poor thing, in a tiny 1 bdrm apt with my husband, 4 cats, 3 ferrets, and eventually 2 puppies. Now that was quite the adventure! And now I'm raising 2 more goslings inside. I love birds, but I REALLY love geese. Our Canada gosling was soon fitted for diapers made by me, that were then sutured together for extra security!

I have a ferret too XD

i hatched my canada goslings, the eggs abandoned. There were seven eggs, we took three in case the mom were to come back she would have something to hatch. All three were hatched in the incubator, 1 hatched no problem,2 had a hard time one had died in the shell due to dry membrane so i was determined to help the other out and is having leg issues today. They are about 16 days old now and can be noisy.

It's tough to manually hatch birds. One of the two goslings I have got stuck at the internal pipping stage and need help. I checked on her every couple hours and carefully removing more and more shell and membrane while hydrating her. I'm surprised she made it at all! Took about 4-5 days from internal pip to be free of her shell and yolk!

Hey House Goosers! Let's play a game! LOL It's called "What's the weirdest thing you've had to chase your goose to get back, or pull out of it's mouth". Ready? I'll start! LOL

So far, Cas is into EVERYTHING and I've really had to step up my game on Goose-Proofing! Cords are the Devil to him and I've had my charging phone ripped right from my hands as he attempted to "save" me from the Devil! LOL

But...I have to say that as of today the weirdest (most AWKWARD anyway!) thing I've had to chase him down to get back was a lacy pair of my...uh...undergarments that he stole right out of the clothes basket! While this wouldn't have normally been so bad, or awkward, to top off the senerio for you all, my in-laws were visiting and I was showing them what a calm and well-behaved indoor goose he's become, when he proceeds to grab the brightest purple pair of my "I feel sexy today" panties and parade them around the room playing 'keep away' with me and having a grand old time, meanwhile I am MORTIFIED! LOL

(And NO I am not going to post the pics my DH decided to take while he laughed hysterically as I ran chasing my goose who ended up wearing my drawers on his head!) But I'd love to hear your stories! Maybe I'll feel better! LOL

Hey House Goosers! Let's play a game! LOL It's called "What's the weirdest thing you've had to chase your goose to get back, or pull out of it's mouth". Ready? I'll start! LOL

So far, Cas is into EVERYTHING and I've really had to step up my game on Goose-Proofing! Cords are the Devil to him and I've had my charging phone ripped right from my hands as he attempted to "save" me from the Devil! LOL

But...I have to say that as of today the weirdest (most AWKWARD anyway!) thing I've had to chase him down to get back was a lacy pair of my...uh...undergarments that he stole right out of the clothes basket! While this wouldn't have normally been so bad, or awkward, to top off the senerio for you all, my in-laws were visiting and I was showing them what a calm and well-behaved indoor goose he's become, when he proceeds to grab the brightest purple pair of my "I feel sexy today" panties and parade them around the room playing 'keep away' with me and having a grand old time, meanwhile I am MORTIFIED! LOL

(And NO I am not going to post the pics my DH decided to take while he laughed hysterically as I ran chasing my goose who ended up wearing my drawers on his head!) But I'd love to hear your stories! Maybe I'll feel better! LOL

A ummmm feminine product..!

Last edited:
A ummmm feminine product..!
Oh my!
lau.gif

We have a thick beveled glass table. Jupiter tries to eat the table with feverish vigor at least once a day. First time she did it, I laughed. "So you want to eat our coffee table. I can't wait to see how this works. Knock yourself out."

She has gotten a hold of a paper towel a couple of times. Before I can get it away from her, she devours the entire sheet, like jet fueled shrink wrap. I find paper towel poop in her diaper afterwards.

Yea! What is it about paper towel or napkins? Omg! Cas goes nuts at the sight of one so I've had to learn to be really fast at cleaning up oops messes before he grabs it!

One time there was a paper towel with cleaning supply on it that fell out of the trash can and Pear was running full speed at it so I stomped as loud as I could (because that's what I use on new puppies) and he ran away screaming! and now he's terrified of paper towels! ):

While it might bother you that he became afraid of paper towels after that, you probably saved his life and that's completely worth it. Not only can paper towel cause an obstruction, but one with cleaning supply on it...Better to scare them of things that could harm them then pay a price down the road, right? And, with House Geese it becomes our job to teach them what's dangerous and what's not. Good job to you for keeping him safe.

I'm going through a similar thing with Cas. I HAVE to teach him to be afraid of cars, but so far, I'm not having much luck. Our house is bordered on a street in the front and an alley in the back that cars rip through, and when he gets spooked he bolts. The last time I barely managed to grab a leg and trip him so I could get him just before a car flew past in the alley. I think I may have to go more drastic and instill an actual FEAR of cars for his safety, but I worry that will make him afraid of car rides too, so I'm kind of torn...

While it might bother you that he became afraid of paper towels after that, you probably saved his life and that's completely worth it. Not only can paper towel cause an obstruction, but one with cleaning supply on it...Better to scare them of things that could harm them then pay a price down the road, right? And, with House Geese it becomes our job to teach them what's dangerous and what's not. Good job to you for keeping him safe. 

I'm going through a similar thing with Cas. I HAVE to teach him to be afraid of cars, but so far, I'm not having much luck. Our house is bordered on a street in the front and an alley in the back that cars rip through, and when he gets spooked he bolts. The last time I barely managed to grab a leg and trip him so I could get him just before a car flew past in the alley. I think I may have to go more drastic and instill an actual FEAR of cars for his safety, but I worry that will make him afraid of car rides too, so I'm kind of torn...

When I want him to be scared of something I scream or stomp or run away from it with him. So far it's worked, especially with the paper towels

Back
Top Bottom