Hova 1588 vs Brinsea 20

keckels

Chirping
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Trying to talk myself into one of these 2 bator's. Was sold on the 1588 w/turner then they had to put the Brinsea on sale. I like the capacity of the 1588, but the Brinsea seems like it would be more durable.

Anyone with experience with both of these and prefer one over the other? Only one available locally is the LG & I have borrowed my neighbors & it needs a new turner motor & is still air & my homemade one had a much better hatch rate with chukar than it did. I'm just really tired (yes, already) of remembering to turn the eggs.

Quote:
I agree. You ask several different people for opinions and you will get several different opinions. I have a couple of Hova-Bators. I just clean them out with an antibacterial dish soap and rinse good. I don't think it is especially sanitary under a broody. Good luck...

Yeah, I'm pretty partial to the Hovabator 1588.

Bigger size and perfect hatches.

smile.png

Yep, I realize that, that why is asked about people that had experience with both. Of the hovabator is anything like the LG, I think for what you get it's way overpriced. from what I've read, it's better styrofoam and easier to keep it consistent.

Quote:
I agree. You ask several different people for opinions and you will get several different opinions. I have a couple of Hova-Bators. I just clean them out with an antibacterial dish soap and rinse good. I don't think it is especially sanitary under a broody. Good luck...

Love love love my 1588 Genesis. I started with 1 and now I have 3
tongue.png
. They are awesome for the price point and size. I have graduated to the Sportsman but only for the additional space.

My Genesis' have had 100% hatches on home eggs. LOVE them. They are very steady on humidity and temp. once you trial and error what works in you climate and house. Set it and forget it for 3 days at a time.

Genesis 1588 is awesome...I have only hatched shipped eggs and always have a great hatch (but i can never seem to get that last egg to hatch!!!!!!)

Hatched in it this week and this time i didn't even use a gauge for temp/hygrom...I just let the bator do what it does and followed the directions and had 10 out of 15 shipped eggs hatch....awesome bator.

Back
Top Bottom