Hova Bator genesis 1588 temp question

You need to have separate, calibrated thermometer and hygrometer gauges inside the unit to make sure it's correct. My first hatch I left it as is but had a LOT of late hatchers due to low temp.

It sounds like you humidity was way too high as well. I run mine at 35% humidity during incubation and 65% during the last few days.

Mine seems to get lower after each hatch. Hoping this isn't a trend....
I just used mine for the first and did the dry incubation method and I had a decent hatch with shipped eggs but they did start hatching on day22 so maby it was running cool my other thermomitor read the same when I had them in turner but when we took out for lockdown the other one was saying 98 and we raised the floor to same hight as they were in the turner I think if other people are having the same problems maby it is off. I think I will call the company and ask them about it this was supposed to be everything set and ready to hatch.Will let you know after I speak with them

I hatched in mine a few times a couple of yrs ago. Let it sit for a couple of yrs and then I've been using it this yr. It was running good for the first hatch, then the next hatch I notice my thermometer reading 2 degrees lower. It has always held a steady temp. Now it seems to be going down again, another 2 degrees. I have one more egg to hatch. Hope it holds out. I loved how it held the temp so well I never had to worry about it. Now I'm thinking I need to adjust it before I start a new hatch.

Anyone? I've clicked all the buttons off then back on again to the one it was originally on. No change. I have eggs to put in. Going to call the company tomorrow but wondered if anyone had any suggestions. It says in the manual that there is a toggle switch? To reset the preset temp? I don't see where that is. Does anyone know?

I would try putting a towel or something over it to see if that helps it hold. I don't know about a toggle switch :\

I calibrated mine (that I bought last year and only did one hatch in) and it was reading 99.5-100 but according to my 2 Brinsea thermometers, it was actually around 97. I have it set at 101.8 and it is averaging around 98.5 now (varies in different locations.. 98 to 100).

That's the same for me! My therms read about 98 inside but I'm so afraid to set it to 101+. I think I'll have to though because it is cooler than I'd like.

Yeah, I was nervous too, but my chicks were hatching day almost through day 25! I had to do something. I just check it every day to make sure it doesn't decide to increase all of a sudden. Do you find that yours has different temperatures in different areas? I thought that this was only a problem with still air...?

I read it somewhere's, the toggle switch?

I can't get it above 97 with the thermoneter on the grate. And I've never had to put a towel around it, it was always steady. Very frustrating. I found how you can reset to the manufacture setting but that isn't working either.

What do you mean you have it set? Is there a temperature guage somewhere's. I am going by the three thermometers that I'm putting into it. My hydrometer (the one with both the temp and humidity) always said 97. The one that's in plastic that you get with the incubators always said 100 to 101 on top of the eggs. The other regular thermometer said 99 to 100. So I just went by that. The hydrometer is saying 93 now, and the regular one is saying 97. I don't have the plastic one in there because there is no eggs in it. I will call the company in the morning and see if they can help me. I love this incubator, it has always been set the eggs and just turn them every day. Even opening it the temp would go right back up within minutes. Hope I can still use it. Thanks for your help.

I read it somewhere's, the toggle switch?

I can't get it above 97 with the thermoneter on the grate. And I've never had to put a towel around it, it was always steady. Very frustrating. I found how you can reset to the manufacture setting but that isn't working either.

What do you mean you have it set? Is there a temperature guage somewhere's. I am going by the three thermometers that I'm putting into it. My hydrometer (the one with both the temp and humidity) always said 97. The one that's in plastic that you get with the incubators always said 100 to 101 on top of the eggs. The other regular thermometer said 99 to 100. So I just went by that. The hydrometer is saying 93 now, and the regular one is saying 97. I don't have the plastic one in there because there is no eggs in it. I will call the company in the morning and see if they can help me. I love this incubator, it has always been set the eggs and just turn them every day. Even opening it the temp would go right back up within minutes. Hope I can still use it. Thanks for your help.

The new Genesis 1588 have electronic thermostats so that you can easily change the temperature up and down by factors of 0.1 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom